The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 120 CB vs Cfi ?

archivue

i've read many things about CB lens... and test some !

the 60 is similar to the Cfi

i've compare a 80 Cfe and a CB... the problem of the CN being contrast in the angles of the 6x6... i've found it to be better than the Cfe with my digital back (36x48mm)

i've test a 160, and wasn't really impress... it was ok at F11, otherwise not a nice rendering

Now, i'm in the process to buy a 120 macro for artwork reproduction (3D) and macro

is the 120 CB similar to the Cfi ? i can't find any data for that lens !

I've read that the Cfi is less prone to flare than the CF... so i skip the CF... but Cfi still quite expensive.

I've seen a 120 CB for 800$, but i need to make shure that is as good as the CFi....

H3dtogo

Hi Archivue, there is no such thing as a 120mm CB. There are 120 cf lenses but the CB series was only 60, 80 and 160 (Distagon, Planar and Tessar).

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hi Archivue, there is no such thing as a 120mm CB. There are 120 cf lenses but the CB series was only 60, 80 and 160 (Distagon, Planar and Tessar).
There was a CB120mm , but that was only for (I blieve) the american market . But it exists . I have seen one .
The CB Planar 2,8/80 has 6 lenses while the CF , CFE and CFi version has 7 lenses .

H3dtogo

Indeed Jürgen, there was a 120mm CB and it never showed up on the european market. I always tought it was only a designstudy and never went in production but apparentely it does exist.

archivue

yes, i've post it in several forums... my names are archivue or sacripant... still didn't find the information i was looking for !
the only 2 informations i've found was a photographer that find that the 120 CB wasn't as sharp as his 120 CF... and an another one that find that the front element in the part catalogue between the CFi and the CB is different...I think i will buy a cfi...

T

tetsrfun

There was a CB120mm , but that was only for (I blieve) the american market . But it exists . I have seen one .
The CB Planar 2,8/80 has 6 lenses while the CF , CFE and CFi version has 7 lenses .
There is a CB120 listed at KEH.

Other than the electrical contacts, are there any optical/mechanical differences between the 120 f/4 CFE and CFI lenses?

Steve