The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Sinarback 43HR/SinarCam2

FromJapan

I have been given (lucky me!):

Sinarback 43HR (Firewire)
SinarCam2
Sinar Revolving Adapter (part 551.65.030)
Sinar Power Supply 100~240V USB model (part 523.32.100) with a power cable

There are no cables, connectors, manuals or CDs.

I have been in touch with Hans-Peter Ochsner of Sinar, and he has given me a list of accessories that I will need to start using this back.

In the meanwhile, I would be glad to get any help from users of the older Sinarbacks.

1. I do not yet have a Reference Files/Shading CD. Can/will the back generate its own reference files? Is there a calibration I can do to generate the required files?
2. There are no screws to connect the back to the revolving adapter. I've been told to get M3 screws of the appropriate length. What is the correct length of the screws in mm?
3. Does any one have spare 522.12.020 Sinarback Control Cable, 4.5m and 522.12.022 Sinarback Trigger Cable, 1.0m?
4. I would like to buy adapters for Hasselblad V, Bronica SQ/ETR and Mamiya 645/RB67. Does anyone have any lying around? Will these adapters be usable with other Sinarbacks? If not, can the newer adapters be used with this back? In particular, I've seen Gen 2 Hasselblad V adapters. What is the difference among the various versions?
5. Since the sensor is 35mm sized, a MacroScan adapter might be a good idea. I've used an Eyelike Precision M11 earlier, stitching with the geared rear standards, and was quite satisfied with the results. How easy/difficult is it to use the MacroScan on location? What kind of power supply is needed? Will it run off the same power supply that I have, along with the SinarCam 2?
Is it compatible with the latest backs? I've been told that the last version of CaptureShop that will support the MacroScan is 4.1.2. But if the P3, a current "digital" camera supports the MacroScan, does Sinar expect users of the latest camera/lenses to use old software?
6. Does anyone have a spare Sinar Action Module/CyberKit for sale?

Thanks in advance.
Kumar

Last edited:
E

edwinb

congratulations on your equipment
although a little long in the tooth now the 43 cameraback was the best in that ccd size and fits perfectly with a macroscan as well

you can create and use lens and scene references
the sam and cyber kits are long gone and i wouldn't recommend either
difficult to use on location as its a lot of equipment but the sinarcam 2 power supply drives everything
email [email protected] (uk distributor) a list of parts you need for a quote if you cant get them locally
the new camerabacks are larger sensors and have electronic connctions which are different
the 43 interface is similar to the 23 camerback and the 54s or h may also be usable
regads
Edwin

FromJapan

Edwin,
Thanks for the reply, though a bit late. I've been in touch with a couple of dealers, and should have everything ready to go in a few days. I will certainly get in touch in case I need anything else.

Kumar