The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S2 vs Hasselblad H4D

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stewpid

Yeah, Marc is a really helpful, knowledgable and sensible guy. I always enjoy his posts, so thanks, Marc, for sharing so much.

David Schneider

Yeah, Marc is a really helpful, knowledgable and sensible guy. I always enjoy his posts, so thanks, Marc, for sharing so much.
There are those that raise the level of what we do by educating us and telling us their experiences and opnions (in a thoughtful, intelligent manner). Marc is appreciated.

D&A

I've been reliably told that one can never have too much of a good thing....so +7 :)

Dave (D&A)

fotografz

Let's not go here folks. Respect for all and all that jazz. Not in the spirit of GetDPI
Agreed.

All I hope is that if we take the time to write up our impressions based on experience and thoughtful application ... that some may benefit from it at some time in their own trek.

I've learned so much here myself, that I feel it's only fair to share back. In this case, I may be a rare member that actually has a fairly complete H4D and S2 kit per the original thread title, and have had some time to use them both in various situations ... hopefully a few can benefit from any observations.

That to me is Get Dpi.

Thanks to all,

Marc

David K

Workshop Member
There are several articulate, even handed contributors here on the forum who take the time to share their thoughts and experiences so that others may learn. This spirit of community is what makes DPI special and that's something that, IMHO, flows from the top down. Credit goes to Jack and Guy for creating and perpetuating this atmosphere.

jecxz

Hi Guy,

I read your comment and at first did not understand the context; then I scrolled up to figure it out and I realized you were probably referring to the negative post about Johnny versus Marc. I understand you, this is a good forum and not the place for that.

My post above about Marc had nothing to do with Johnny, I genuinely liked Marc's write up and thought it was honest and even. That's why I made my post. I wanted to ignore the other stuff.

However, as a Hasselblad user, I'm going to point out that Johnny's posts here and in other threads seem to be repetitive remarks that just attack Hasselblad, sometimes inserted in threads seemingly to vent his frustration at Hasselblad - which may very well be real, I do not want to judge his situation at all and I take him at his word. One or two posts is enough, really. We hear you Johnny. I am sorry you had issues.

What has frustrated so many satsifited Hasselblad users is the constant barage of attacks, many of which we feel are just nonsense (while some are certainly real), in forums that *appear* to be marketing mouths for Phase1 - and Luminous Landscape is a primary example where the vitriol is just terrible. There is some spill over here, just a bit.

I have had one post of mine deleted because I was slightly aggresive about one of Doug's posts against Hasselblad. That made me feel your forum was in the pocket of Phase1. Doug used to regularly post negative remarks (or pro-Phase1 comments) in Hassy threads and I know from my discussions with Steve that much effort was spent getting him to stop - which he has and that is to his credit!

I don't know how you solve the problems of Johnny, he's obviously extremely angry at Hasselblad and takes every opportunity to jab them. But you made the point of commenting on the comparison of Marc versu Johnny, so I hope you understand that maybe that's where it was coming from--maybe not too. And if it wasn't, perhaps you can take what I've said here and make some use of it. I have not posted this is any negative way against you or GetDpi.

EDIT: Guy, I suspect that if I knocked Phase1 in every third post in threads, it would be pretty quick, as demonstrated by the immediate deletion of one of my posts a while ago, that you'd dump them rather fast. Well, the same is happening, just with Hasselblad, no one who is satisfied with their investment likes to hear repetative non-constructive rants and vents.

Kind regards,
Derek Jecxz
http://www.jecxz.com
http://www.facebook.com/derek.jecxz.photographer

Let's not go here folks. Respect for all and all that jazz. Not in the spirit of GetDPI

Last edited:

jecxz

Stephen, I did not mean to single your post out, sorry if I have offended you.

At the risk of going too far (again?), when I commented on the thumbs up "voting," I wasn't criticizing Johnny, but was questioning whether the thumbs up posts were adding anything to this thread. If Johnny has biases which affect his posts, he's certainly not alone.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks everything is fine and all that and comments made are as well. The secret is this as a long time forums kind of guy and many know me for many years on forums is I can smell problems a mile away and many times I will just put my friendly reminder in and things go back on track. We believe as owners staying ahead and on top of things keeps this one of the friendly forums. We all like that and we all try as mods. To keep the positive flow going. Also as well **** happens and totally understand Johnnys issues as well. We as members also need to understand frustration as well and make certain adjustments. Sometimes these issues get under our skin. It happens to all if us at one point with any gear you own. Anyway carry on did not mean to step on anyone's toes here.

jecxz

Have you ever considered running for President? :toocool:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Thanks everything is fine and all that and comments made are as well. The secret is this as a long time forums kind of guy and many know me for many years on forums is I can smell problems a mile away and many times I will just put my friendly reminder in and things go back on track. We believe as owners staying ahead and on top of things keeps this one of the friendly forums. We all like that and we all try as mods. To keep the positive flow going. Also as well **** happens and totally understand Johnnys issues as well. We as members also need to understand frustration as well and make certain adjustments. Sometimes these issues get under our skin. It happens to all if us at one point with any gear you own. Anyway carry on did not mean to step on anyone's toes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.