The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S2 vs Hasselblad H4D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guys, please keep it friendly. It's starting to go sideways and Guy already warned you yesterday. If the negative innuendo keeps up, we will be forced to close the thread.

Thank you in advance for the assistance and kindness I know you are capable of :)

fotografz

Ofcourse i will wait, i may afford that HTS in the future but the review of it making me to think getting a Tech camera and using my H60is better than using HTS, but i will wait a bit longer, who knows what will be there, and someone here [you know who i am talking about] posted shots from his Hasselblad 60mp on an Alpa camera, so if he did that it means it can be done, even he faces some problems with power or something else at least he did it, so i can save bucks to use my H4D60 back on a tech camera if i get one more than buying another DB of Phase One or Leaf which is almost equal or more than my H4D-60, i am not looking for getting rid of my H4D-60 yet, but if i will have a tech camera sooner or later then that means i must have a DB, so if my H4D-60 is not compatible or not possible, how can i get another DB with no money left? Lucky who have even another MF even same model as backup, i can't have even MFD as backup.

So for what i should use my H4D-60 for its best job? What i need/add to give it more advantage usage and performance?
Yep, those pics posted using the H4D/60 back on a ALPH were very yummy, and even made me want to try it .... and I'm not even interested in a tech field camera :)

Let's be patient, and see what the H battery solution is ... there is a port on the bottom of the 60 back just waiting for it. :thumbup:

All the best,

Marc

Professional

Yep, those pics posted using the H4D/60 back on a ALPH were very yummy, and even made me want to try it .... and I'm not even interested in a tech field camera :)

Let's be patient, and see what the H battery solution is ... there is a port on the bottom of the 60 back just waiting for it. :thumbup:

All the best,

Marc
Yes, i saw that and i don't know what is it for, connected it to a power cable of AC and i see something recharging but don't know what is recharging, the camera or the back, but i think now i know it was recharging or powering the back.
Well, i hope you guys can tell us if any news about that battery solution for H system/back.

So what is the final result here, Leica S2 or Hasselblad H4D????? :D ;)

fotografz

Yes, i saw that and i don't know what is it for, connected it to a power cable of AC and i see something recharging but don't know what is recharging, the camera or the back, but i think now i know it was recharging or powering the back.
Well, i hope you guys can tell us if any news about that battery solution for H system/back.

IMO, neither if you want to primarily work with an ALPA or other field tech camera :eek:

BTW, the power solution is for the digital back ... field tech cameras don't need power, they are mechanical.

-Marc

johnnygoesdigital

Thanks Johnny. It took a lot of moral strength to make that post. Those of us who love our Hasselblad systems take offense at being portrayed as a little gullible or, shall I say "stupid", for choosing Hasselblad. Having said that, I hope my system doesn't fall apart now! Without outlining every strength regarding the Hasselblad system, just let me say that it works and works very well. To each his own...Live and let live; and every other cliche that comes to mind. I really don't have time to worry about trivia (i.e. silly arguments).

Greg
Thanks for that comment. My intention was to never imply or question ones choice as being wrong. I too, was a proud owner, I even named my camera "Helen", I know, weird, but that's how close I get to my gear. Helen was an elderly neighbor when I lived in NYC, who inspired my photography, so I thought I would honor her by naming my camera after her. Whatever camera I own will be named after Helen. Enjoy your gear, I'm really grateful to have MFD.

johnnygoesdigital

I thought that my own post purchase evaluation/justification was a challenging process :deadhorse:
Try to remember that this isn't an exclusive club, it's a place for photographer's to go and ask questions. Whether you think it's silly or not. After reading Professionals comments, I thought he's asking the right questions, his photography is evolving and he wants some insight, try to show a little respect.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Gosh, I am sure there is no final result as I am also sure that there are more than two alternatives.

Be nice folks, all sorts of shooters out there with all sorts of preferences.
-bob

leicashot

Try to remember that this isn't an exclusive club, it's a place for photographer's to go and ask questions. Whether you think it's silly or not. After reading Professionals comments, I thought he's asking the right questions, his photography is evolving and he wants some insight, try to show a little respect.
You're one to speak after your earlier comments. I only questioned his comments because he sounds like he's buying into systems he knows very little about. But if he wants to spend the money and learn only from comments here, then good luck to him.

I think you should take a look in the mirror before offering advice about respect....advice you could use yourself. Sorry for the defense moderators, but I am entitled to defend myself from such comments, just like anyone else, especially from someone who instigated trouble earlier in this thread.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is now locked.
Yellow cards will be awarded if folks cannot debate civilly.
thanks
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.