The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help and advice needed for Abu Dhabi

P

Piet Gispen

Hello all,

I am not sure whether or not this is the right forum, but it is the forum I visit most frequently, so please bear with me.

I may be heading for a photoshoot in Abu Dhabi next year, where, immediately after having shot the photo's I have to include them in a catalogue. The catalogue will be printed (offset) the next day by a local printer. I would appreciate any suggestions or help on the following:

1. a good en reliable printer for high quality offset printing
2. a printer where I could work using colour calibrated monitors, computers etc to finish the artwork and to include the photographs
3. A reliable local store where I could rent lighting equipment and possibly hire an assistant.

Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks all in advance.
Regards,
Piet Gispen
http://www.pietgispen.com

goesbang

Hi Piet,

Suppliers here are notorious for claiming to be able to provide services they simply have not earned the right to claim.
Make sure you verify independently any resources you might be about to rely on. Also make sure the person providing the reference is qualified to make it! TeeHee, welcome to the middle-east!

For what it's worth, I am an Australian shooter who has been based in Dubai for a couple of years. If I can help with anything, PM me here. I also represent Phase One, Leaf, Mamiya and Alpa in this region.

Regards,

Siebel