The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screw the wishlist, we need a MF addicts HELP line!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'll start.

My name is Jack and I am a total gear slut.

:D,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay my name is Guy and i am a totally Gear whore. i need some really serious mental help here. Jack i think it is time to fess up and get it out of your system. You just have to scream it bud.

Guy Mancuso

Yea you turkey , spent all my money. But i am smiling. Maybe the best move I ever made . This is serious shit

harmsr

Workshop Member
OK, OK - I admit it.

I AM A GEAR SLUT. I'm going to try to blame it on Guy and Jack first to see if that works with the wife.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I sent in a wire transfer today ... damn, had to sell nearly all of my gear. Now all I'll be left with is a back and a standard lens for the rest of my life. "Three chords and the truth" as Bono would say.

Kurt

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
My name is Bob and I just added a P45 kit to my already bloated equipment kit.

Mitchell

My name is Mitchell, and I will soon be demoing a Hy6 54LV, but I'm sure I will make an entirely rational decision on it. So this means I don't have a problem right?

Guy Mancuso

My name is Mitchell, and I will soon be demoing a Hy6 54LV, but I'm sure I will make an entirely rational decision on it. So this means I don't have a problem right?
Right Mitchell entirely rational decision. And that is exactly what we will tell your wife for you. :D

jonoslack

I love this
I teeeetered on the brink, toppled almost . . . . then I stepped back and spent $10,000 on Nikon gear.

I can't pixel peep like you guys, and I can't do those wonderful crops . . but I've been able to keep my leica glass for that rainy day, and I can still comfortably wonder what Nikon's 24mp camera will be like.

The best thing is that, for the first time in my life I realise that I am, actually, a skinflint.

Oh My!
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Terry

Thank goodness it took me longer than the rest of you to get my slut/whore status....I still have a few sane (pre MF) years ahead of me considering I already thought my M gear was insane.

Last edited:
Rationalizing does you no good Jono best to just fess-up then the healing can begin.

Repeat after me: My name is Jono and I've got G.A.S.

I love this
I teeeetered on the brink, toppled almost . . . . then I stepped back and spent $10,000 on Nikon gear.

I can't pixel peep like you guys, and I can't do those wonderful crops . . but I've been able to keep my leica glass for that rainy day, and I can still comfortably wonder what Nikon's 24mp camera will be like.

The best thing is that, for the first time in my life I realise that I am, actually, a skinflint.

Oh My!
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

jonoslack

Rationalizing does you no good Jono best to just fess-up then the healing can begin.

Repeat after me: My name is Jono and I've got G.A.S.
hmmm
My Name Is Jono and I've got G.A.S.
My Name Is Jono and I haven't spent $60,000 on MF
:rolleyes::):eek::):rolleyes::p