The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screw the wishlist, we need a MF addicts HELP line!

David K

Workshop Member
It's clear you guys have problems, fortunately I don't. I'll admit to having the occasional binge but it's not really at the problem level. I could stop buying gear anytime I want... I just don't want to yet. One of these days I will quit. Sometimes when I've gone a bit overboard I say these magic words: "NEVER AGAIN" and that seems to do the trick. For a while anyway. BTW, I've found a new connection in Hong Kong. He's got better stuff than you can get here domestically and it's cheaper. Contact me offline and I'll hook you up :)

woodyspedden

My name is Woody Spedden and I specialize in being an entirely rational human being.

Thus it is not an issue that in the past three years I have had two DMR/R9 and all the exotic R glass:

All the Contax exotics ever built

Two M8's, two M6TTL and all the exotic M glass ever built

Nikon D2X, D2H and D300/D3 and all the great Nikon glass ever built

Hassy CWD MF DB and all the great Zeiss V glass ever built.

And now I am moving on to either an Aptus 75 or Phase P45+ to use with the Hassy V but of course now with 645 format.

And I want you to know that no matter what ever else Leica, Hassy, Zeiss, Mamiya et al bring out in the future I am now happy and won't buy any of it.

The inmates are now fully running the asylum! LOL

Woody

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You got it girl, that's the first big step on the road to rehabilitation.

David K

Workshop Member
I'm going to Blockbuster to rent One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and see if I can get any good ideas for breaking out after they admit me.

David K

Workshop Member
If Guy could only tell us which way the price of oil is going we'd all make enough to buy everything on our wish lists.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay side note to this madness. I think it is really going to be great around here with everyone getting there new toy's and the MF forum has grown so much with all really great folks. I think there is a lot to learn and share as we start getting this engine running and i want to thank all the ones before us right now for all there wisdom and help in the MF world. The forum has a bright future and so do we as members . But the folks that have been plowing through all this us newbies are in your debt. Maybe I should rephrase that and say you put us all in debt.:thumbs:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Kudos to Jack and Guy for putting together a great place to hang out.

Quite a few good friends from FM days and a few other places all trying different things out at the same time ... very, very cool. Here's a virtual toast to all of the kind folks I've learned from and traded information with over the past few years. Cheers as we walk down this new path together.

Kurt

robmac

"Come on, just a quick sort to pick you up, it's not addictive, really..."

There may be an after-school special in here somewhere.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
My name is Jurgen

And I am an absolute MF gear maniac . Beeing with MF and HASSELBLAD V-System for more than 30 years , I ended up with a CFV back and also a HORSEMAN SW612 PRO . I also shoot 4x5 with an ARCA-SWISS .
Although digital is saving darkroom work , I still shoot with film .
A friend of mine recently said , when shooting with film you have the frustration in the dark , shooting digital , you have it at daylight .
Is that true ? ? ? :bugeyes:

Regards Jurgen