The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Screw the wishlist, we need a MF addicts HELP line!

fotografz

Okay, I'll start.

My name is Jack and I am a total gear slut.

:D,
Hi my name is Marc.

But I have gone by a many names over the ages.

Lucifer, Beelzebub, the Devil, etc.,etc., etc.

Although they are loath to admit it, I infected Guy and Jack with the plague they now spread amongst you.

Guy was a good, God fearing' lad ... it took almost 2 years of constant temptation and haranguing.

Jack still fights it, he tries to keep some balance, but he will fold and spend his family's future on soulless gear.

Reps are my unknowing agents of the "Slippery Slope to Eternal Damnation"

I will not rest until all other puny photographic systems with their affordable solutions are sold at a loss to fund the all devouring obsession with the "Medium of Doom."

"Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here."

Ben Rubinstein

Hi my name is Marc.
Says it all really....

Thing is that even were one to suggest that we all go on a gear diet, most people with lots of gear or more importantly multiple systems have so because of work needs. A system or two for specific work requirements and maybe something for fun/personal work. It may be fair to say 'go on a diet' for personal gear but I at least have my work tools because I need them however much I hate schlepping them around!

How about from now on you guys all split up your 'stuff I actually need' from 'stuff I really don't but love to have', I'm sure it would make you all feel a lot better.

The exception of course is Marc who has more camera equipment than most Calumet's.... :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi my name is Marc.

But I have gone by a many names over the ages.

Lucifer, Beelzebub, the Devil, etc.,etc., etc.

Although they are loath to admit it, I infected Guy and Jack with the plague they now spread amongst you.

Guy was a good, God fearing' lad ... it took almost 2 years of constant temptation and haranguing.

Jack still fights it, he tries to keep some balance, but he will fold and spend his family's future on soulless gear.

Reps are my unknowing agents of the "Slippery Slope to Eternal Damnation"

I will not rest until all other puny photographic systems with their affordable solutions are sold at a loss to fund the all devouring obsession with the "Medium of Doom."

Yes you are the Godfather of this hell you bring upon us. I listened, I ignored and than folded like a wet noodle and now I drool. Got to love ya though. BTW Jack is toast :D:D:D

Guy Mancuso

I think I may just put that as the sub title to the MF forum. LOL

fotografz

Says it all really....

Thing is that even were one to suggest that we all go on a gear diet, most people with lots of gear or more importantly multiple systems have so because of work needs. A system or two for specific work requirements and maybe something for fun/personal work. It may be fair to say 'go on a diet' for personal gear but I at least have my work tools because I need them however much I hate schlepping them around!

How about from now on you guys all split up your 'stuff I actually need' from 'stuff I really don't but love to have', I'm sure it would make you all feel a lot better.

The exception of course is Marc who has more camera equipment than most Calumet's.... :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Ben, I have been on a gear diet for months now.

Folks here have bought many items, and many others are on the "Devil's Auction Block" as we speak.

Unfortunately, unlike a good, and wise pusher, I induldge in the drug myself. So while one thing is rolling out the back door, another is rolling in the front. Bye, bye Aptus 75s and Mamiya AFD-II and lenses, bye, bye CFV version 1, bye, bye Canon 1DMKIII and a pile of lenses, bye, bye Leica DMR/9 and lenses ... Hello Nikon D3 and D300 and a slew of lenses, Hello ZF 25, 28, 50, 100, Hello CFV-II, Hello Zeiss 350/4FE ...

HELP!

I am a victim of my own crime :eek:

fotografz

I just did . May just leave that up for a day or two. LOL

Jack may overrule which is fine
The quote is Dante Alighieri's from the Divine Comedy, not mine Guy. It is the inscription over the gate to Hell in the "Inferno" ... leading to the 9 circles of Hades.

Which circle have you decended to?

I'm at about Circle 5 ... If I get a Multi-Shot, then I'll jump directly down to level 7 ... levels 8 and 9 are reserved for when a bigger sensor hits the market. :ROTFL:

fotografz

You certainly are and BTW you have any Mamiya gear there are many folks in NEED. LOL
Yes, a few 645 lenses left, and an entire RZ Pro-II system ... which I may keep if I get a Hasselblad CF/39 Multi-Shot ...

What is really difficult to explain to the wife is all the camera and lens boxes stacked in the garage ... which take up the entire 3rd stall ... :LOL:

Guy Mancuso

The quote is Dante Alighieri's from the Divine Comedy, not mine Guy. It is the inscription over the gate to Hell in the "Inferno" ... leading to the 9 circles of Hades.

Which circle have you decended to?

I'm at about Circle 5 ... If I get a Multi-Shot, then I'll jump directly down to level 7 ... levels 8 and 9 are reserved for when a bigger sensor hits the market. :ROTFL:
I will fix that than, give credit where credit is due

fotografz

Here is a engraving from the "Inferno."

It depicts Dante and Virgil photographing members of the GetDPI Medium Format Forum
in the Second Level of Hell.

More Levels to go folks ... get to selling and spending.

Last edited:
T

thsinar

This is just hilarious. I enjoy reading it.

:thumbup:

Thierry

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a engraving from the "Inferno."

It depicts Dante and Virgil photographing members of the GetDPI Medium Format Forum
in the Second Level of Hell.

More Levels to go folks ... get to selling and spending.
BEAUTIFUL!

Ben Rubinstein

It would be my painful but totally selfless duty to relieve you of that Contax 24-85 Marc should you decide to let us help you to repent...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
This is terrible, so I beg forgiveness in advance.
I think that it feels more like
Zeilenauflösung macht frei
-bob

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Graham, am I correct in assuming the kneeling gentleman is the art director, trying to assess skin tone value?