The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica To Sell Lens Adapters - Pentax, Hassy and Mamiya on S2

KeithL

I'm not using the S2 (among other reasons there are no native lenses long enough yet.
"This allows the animal to relax and often allows the use of shorter lenses than is customary for wildlife photography which in turn allows in the photograph a sense of the animal's preferred habitat."

Doug, I asumed from the above that you were already using the S2; my mistake.

My problem with the S2 as a system for nature photography would be how much money I'd have to make just to break even.

KeithL

I'm not understanding your argument against the S2 other than price differentials. Don't misunderstand me, saving money is important, but people are shooting landscapes and nature with H4D/60's, and there somewhat pricer than an S2.
How many of those shooting landscape/nature with the S2 or Hasselblad or Phase are making a profit? My argument is not the price differentials between these cameras, they're all way too expensive.

jonoslack

How many of those shooting landscape/nature with the S2 or Hasselblad or Phase are making a profit? My argument is not the price differentials between these cameras, they're all way too expensive.
I think we can all agree about that!
What do you shoot with incidentally?

p.s. I enjoyed your website

KeithL

I think we can all agree about that!
What do you shoot with incidentally?
I used nothing more sophisticated than a pair of Nikon FEs for the best part of 15 years, shot most of my stock with them. I then moved to the Hasselblad V Series for about 12 years and used them for my nature/landscape work. I bought a used Hasselblad H3D11-22 last year.

p.s. I enjoyed your website
And I yours!

johnnygoesdigital

Keith,
I agree the prices are high for MFD. Right after my H4D purchase, Hasselblad dropped the price and then paired them with a lens choice, including the 35 - 90mm! Since shooting MFD, I seem to compose more artistically, perhaps because of the battery performance. A photographer named Elizabeth Carmel shoots amazing landscapes with a MFD and has quite a business as a result.