The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One/Mamiya 645 AFD Question

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Is there a way to set the auto bracketing increment to a different value than the exposure compensation increment?

I've looked through the custom functions documentation and settings available on both the camera and my P40+ but as far as I can tell the two settings seem intrinsically linked together. Can I change that? I'm on firmware 1.00 - do the later firmware versions permit setting these differently?

For example, if I set the EV increment to 1/3 or 1/2 EV then thats what both exposure comp AND auto bracketing use. What I'd like to be able to do is set AEB to increments of 1 EV and retain exposure comp at 1/3 EV steps.

Maybe I'm missing something in plain sight? :confused:

anGy

No you're not alone :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Same here, did put a +1EV on cutom setting 1 as bypass solution.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hmm, that's a good work around. Maybe I should use the C1/2/3 after all.

Note to Mamiya/Phase One: It would be REALLY useful to be able to set AEB separately to exposure compensation increment. If you shoot HDR then this is a real pain in the butt. Nikon are almost as brain dead in this btw as with the D3/D3x you can only set a maximum AEB increment of 1EV although at least exposure compensation is completely independent. It would be so nice to be able to set an AEB set of -2EV, EV, +2EV without shooting all of the intermediate exposures as a bracket set. :deadhorse: