The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One v6: What's the Most Exciting Change/Feature

What's the Most Exciting Change/Feature in v6?

• Perspective Correction

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Local Adjustments

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Black & White Tools

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Video Import/Rename/Organizing

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Printing

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Speed / GPU Acceleration / 64-Bit

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Something Else

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
There are several major features as well as some important minor tweaks and performance enhancements in Capture One Version 6 Released today.

Read more about some of the new features in Capture One 6 and vote for your favorite.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Terry

I'm going to bump this up and make sure it doesn't drop down the page as I'm interested to see how people vote on this poll.

SergeiR

well since site is down and we cant load new version (altough i feel a bit heavy about paying 100$ to upgrade software that is roughly year old, but oh well) - wont be many new impressions in a while..

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
You forgot the enhanced perspective corrections -- keystoning tool -- which I chose as "something else" !!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
To me it is worth the 100 dollars just for the adjustment layers. If I can stay out of CS5 than the faster i can get work out. C1 is getting to the point that eliminates some work in CS5. For me that is exciting and saves time.

engel001

I am looking forward to this: "Capture One Pro 6 has been built to support an upcoming iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch application called Capture PilotTM that will allow you to wirelessly view, zoom in on, and pan high resolution RAW, JPEG and TIFF images from leading DSLR and medium format camera systems."
That would indicate some type of wireless transmission from Phase One backs is in the works, perhaps an add-on or integrated in a new generation of DB's?

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I am looking forward to this: "Capture One Pro 6 has been built to support an upcoming iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch application called Capture PilotTM that will allow you to wirelessly view, zoom in on, and pan high resolution RAW, JPEG and TIFF images from leading DSLR and medium format camera systems."
That would inidcate some type of wireless transmission from Phase One backs is in the works, perhaps an add-on or integrated in a new generation of DB's?
When shooting tethered to the computer Capture One can act as a wireless server for the iPad to received the latest image shortly after shutter release or to serve up the already captured images - including viewing at 100%.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That would indicate some type of wireless transmission from Phase One backs is in the works, perhaps an add-on or integrated in a new generation of DB's?
As for wireless from the back itself, maybe yes, but maybe no. (I know nothing rumor or otherwise about what they are working on)
The iPhone and iPad app is a way of browsing your session on your local wireless network.
With a P65+ for example the problem is likely to be wireless speed if they did support wireless from the back it is just too many bits and too little time.
-bob

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Still need the server component
-bob

Server component is in the software itself. Built right in.

Christopher

As for wireless from the back itself, maybe yes, but maybe no. (I know nothing rumor or otherwise about what they are working on)
The iPhone and iPad app is a way of browsing your session on your local wireless network.
With a P65+ for example the problem is likely to be wireless speed if they did support wireless from the back it is just too many bits and too little time.
-bob
Speed certainly isn't the problem. I would guess battery life is a bigger one.

mAlKhamis

if i only wish for something more in the new version, it will be the ability to apply digital filters like polarization, gradient ND, and color filters, this will make it as my complete image editing package !!!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
if i only wish for something more in the new version, it will be the ability to apply digital filters like polarization, gradient ND, and color filters, this will make it as my complete image editing package !!!
The Capture Integration Styles pack has color filters, and a new one will be released (hopefully this week) with gradients using the local adjustments tool (sort of in reverse).

Polarization is an optical filter and you can sort of simulate some of the effects (we have a SkyDarken in our current Styles Pack) but only somewhat.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Speed certainly isn't the problem. I would guess battery life is a bigger one.
a P65+ 60 MB file on wireless n takes awhile. 802.11 n usual implementations have a near-range throughput of about 80Mbs while streaming which comes out to about 6.2 seconds per file which is way too slow IMO for model shooting. We need something about 10 times faster.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Server component is in the software itself. Built right in.
I got it working but it is a little release 1-ish.
A more robust method of initiating a server scan other than killing and restarting the app wold be nice.
I also am looking to see why I am getting occasional "server not available"
Also network naming conflicts need a bit of a better error message than "there is a conflict try restarting the server or rebooting your computer" when actually none of the above will resolve a naming conflict.
-bob