The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

BAG Hell

Robert Campbell

Try a Sherpa and a donkey :)

[In the good old days, the chaps had horses, carts and servants. Don't you have assistants for this sort of thing? :ROTFL:]

Jim Stone

Workshop Member
Woody,

You will love Bruce's backpack !! I just received mine a few days ago to use with my LF setup and it works extremely well. Carries easily, as advertised, in Yellowstone the last couple of days and I couldn't be happier. The lens cases and the way EVERYTHING velcros together is very nice. :thumbs: I know you will enjoy using it.
I'm wondering IF he might custom one for a MF setup as well ? I "might" have such a need one of these days !! :eek: Let me know if he mentioned anything about MF.

Jim

dfarkas

Workshop Member
As long as we're on the subject of bags let me throw out a long shot question. Anyone have an idea about something that could be rolled in the sand. Being in Florida I shoot on the beach a lot and it would be nice to have something with inflatable type tires, like you see on wheelbarrows, for hauling my stuff along the beach. This would be more for battery packs and light stands than for bodies and lenses.
David,

What happened to your MultiCart R12 All-Terrain? It will wheel on sand and grass and hold up to 500 lbs. These are great on location with a lot of gear. Since you already bought one... why not use it?

David

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Yes Charles I just saw that . Now to decide between the two Tenba's the shootout with laptop or The Gen 3 large
The new Tenba bags are really nice. The Shootout backpacks have been extremely popular in our store. If you check out the Medium pack on our website you can watch the product video for the backpacks. All of the sizes hold laptops. The hybrid with wheels is a little heavier but has wheels for rolling and backpack straps for when the road gets too rough.

http://www.dalephotoanddigital.com/_e/Backpacks/product/632312/Tenba_Shootout_Backpack_Medium_Silver_Black.htm

I just checked and realized we don't have all the different sizes listed on our website, but we do carry them all. The Gen3 bags aren't bad, but not as popular, if that helps you out.

David

David K

Workshop Member
David,

What happened to your MultiCart R12 All-Terrain? It will wheel on sand and grass and hold up to 500 lbs. These are great on location with a lot of gear. Since you already bought one... why not use it?

David
Forgot I had it :) Not really... I'll have to take another look at it, it's buried in my garage somewhere.

woodyspedden

Woody,

You will love Bruce's backpack !! I just received mine a few days ago to use with my LF setup and it works extremely well. Carries easily, as advertised, in Yellowstone the last couple of days and I couldn't be happier. The lens cases and the way EVERYTHING velcros together is very nice. :thumbs: I know you will enjoy using it.
I'm wondering IF he might custom one for a MF setup as well ? I "might" have such a need one of these days !! :eek: Let me know if he mentioned anything about MF.

Jim
Jim

I am picking up my bag today so I will soon know more. However since all of his cases are sized to your needs i don't think it matters regarding MF vs LF. For instance I am putting in the case he designed for LF film holders and using it to hold lens hoods and other accessories.

But the lack of weight in the bag itself and the super innovative suspension is what makes it for me. At 71 years old I need all the help I can get

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Very cool concept and actually seen it in Photomark here in town but really big shell. He needs a smaller one

David K

Workshop Member
I used the R12 on the beach not more than a month ago, and it didn't move so well in the sand.
Here's another possibility I'll have to investigate:
http://www.wheeleez.com/index.php
Just double checked the wheels on the R12 and it's not going to move thru deep sand with a load on it very well. That Beach Cart on the wheeleez site looks like just the ticket. Thanks for the link.