The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645D downloadable samples

S

Shelby Lewis

... the last "studio" shot of the guy with the chaw in his lip is pretty impressive. Scary amounts of detail in the eyes.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think the problem is that technical reviewers aren't necessarily talented photographers. In this case it would also seem that the human subjects aren't exactly photogenic either. :p

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ugg!

Why is it that initial samples from new cameras are always so ... hmmm ... well ... bad?

-Marc
Indeed, I wonder if the lack of 645D examples showing comparable "color depth" and other desirable MFDB attributes is due to inexperience with the files and that, as more professionals get used to the camera, we'll see more impressive examples. Right now, we see lots of detail, but nothing a stitched panorama with a smaller sensor wouldn't give.

I'm still intending to get the 645D, but I'd like some published examples to help me spend the money :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Matt

S

Shelby Lewis

Ugg!

Why is it that initial samples from new cameras are always so ... hmmm ... well ... bad?
Yeah, the only thing impressive about the sample photos is the amount of detail in the studio shot (but it's nothing above the other 40MP cameras). What's the deal with the color in the samples (even the studio shot)?

I'm glad they tried to get some scenes that had a nice mix of highlight and shadow detail, but ...

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
What's the deal with the color in the samples (even the studio shot)?
What troubles you about the colors in the studio shot? The picture is flat, but that's easily adjusted. The colors in the Imaging Resource studio shot look good to my admittedly untrained eye. The moire on some of the bottle labels, on the other hand... :p Well, I plan to shoot landscape, not studio, so I'm less worried about moire.

Matt

S

Shelby Lewis

What troubles you about the colors in the studio shot?
That, IMO, they seem so unbalanced. My complaint is less about the camera than it is about the photographer's decision about color balance :D

(but that comes down to personal prefs somewhat)

Ben Rubinstein

I've never done any real playing with MFDB files but looking at those night scenes shot at iso 200 all I could think was wooooooooooow noise!