The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Selfmade AFD with waistlevelfinder

joegl

Waiting for so long, Phase one bringing out an camera body with WLF I couldn`t wait any longer.
So here it is, my first custom made AFD. Its a working model, I did not spend much time in the housing construction.
What you do loose, is the lightmetering including automatic mode, but AF is working fine.
So , phase one here is my one
I`m waiting for yours.

P.S.
I would do that with my DF, for sure

Joerg

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Joerg!
Well done, I have been tempted to do something like that as well, but I didn't have the necessary level of adventurousness to do it.
-bob

PeterA

Joegl - welcome all forums benefit from 'hot rodders' and their adventurous spirit :)

joegl

Little mistake
I would definitely not do this with my DF

Its a nearly perfect camera, if there would be.....

Joerg

archivue

ok, but horizontal only... Leaf rotating sensor on a Hassy V is far more convenient for that reason (but no AF, and nothing shorter than 40

joegl

ok, but horizontal only... Leaf rotating sensor on a Hassy V is far more convenient for that reason (but no AF, and nothing shorter than 40
Yes, even with the p30+ and Hassi V Mount you can rotate the back.
But: I do work with a complete Phaseone DF P30+ system and 5 Lenses. so I was looking for an compatible second body with WLF which take my lenses and the back

joegl

Interesting.
Esplain some of the technical bits and pieces.

Thanks.

first you need a cheap afd body and say good bye to it.
I did this the first time so I wasn´t sure about the surprises.
You had to unscrew the front, the sides, and the prismen finder and take away all the glasses, light meter sensor, and all the stuff. I tried not to get involved with the electronics. An old hasselblad 4x4 finder nearly fits on top of the focusscreen. Alfterward I do rebuild a small housing and keep it with ordinary tape in places. Now i do start testing it during this week and it works fine. Its a bit like the old Hasselblad 500 cm feeling, plus autofocus. Thats exactly what I wanted. If you know how t do it, its quite easy.

Joerg