The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My H4D-60 arrived

fotografz

Woody, you seriously need a monopod for your walk-abouts.

The RRS Monopod head is plenty beefy to work with the H4D and 300mm.

-Marc

BlasR

The 50-110 to me is the best lens. I am poor so I only have the 35,80,50-110,150 and 300.

at 50 its like a wide angle, its great lens, like I said to me is the best lens I have.

Thanks for your comment at my image.

BlasR

fotografz

Got one. Just pushing the envelope.
Well, use of the 300mm with a 60 back is already pushing the envelope regarding DOF and focusing at that resolution ...:ROTFL:

Here's a recent walk-about shot done with my puny H4D/40 and 500mm (300 + 1.7X) on a monopod ... 4 shot stitched pano using manual exposure and focusing.

I cannot wait to try this kind of thing with the 60 back to better hold micro-subtile detail ... you are so lucky to have yours! :thumbup:

Stitching was a bear since the wind was a tad aggressive. Final is 20"X 68". Tiny portion crop also shown because I cannot ever seem to get the punch of the original when down-sizing so much for the web:

-Marc