The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

2CR5 + Contax 645 question

chrismuc

I wanted to get a 2CR5 NoMEM rechargeable Li-Ion battery for my C645 cam. The battery store owner told me that the voltage of rechargeable 2CR5 battery is much higher (nominally 7.2V, 8-8.4V when fully charged) than the voltage of the non-chargeable version (6V).
So my question is: Would the higher voltage of the rechargeable battery harm the electronics of the C645 camera or does it work fine.
Any experience?
Thx, Christoph

yaya

I wanted to get a 2CR5 NoMEM rechargeable Li-Ion battery for my C645 cam. The battery store owner told me that the voltage of rechargeable 2CR5 battery is much higher (nominally 7.2V, 8-8.4V when fully charged) than the voltage of the non-chargeable version (6V).
So my question is: Would the higher voltage of the rechargeable battery harm the electronics of the C645 camera or does it work fine.
Any experience?
Thx, Christoph
These links may be useful for you Christof:

http://www.contaxinfo.com/forum/index.php
http://contaxcameras.co.uk/support/links.asp

Audii-Dudii

I've been using rechargeable 2CR5s in both of my Contax bodies for four months now and have had absolutely no problems with them thus far.

You didn't ask, but as a rule, my P30+ goes through three batteries for every 2CR5 my body goes through (i.e., ~500 exposures).

chrismuc

Yaya
thx for the Contax links, very useful!

Audii
thx for confirming the use of rechargeable 2CR5 batteries.
So I will order battery + charger today.

BTW: Also got Sanyo Eneloop AA cells for my hungry C645 and CND:)

Christoph