The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Set Up Rental Recommendation for Architectural Photography

justin989

Hi Guys,

I am inquiring about renting a Digital Set Up for an upcoming job which will require mostly interior architectural shots with some exterior as well. I was wondering if anyone out there with Architectural Experience can point me in the right direction for a MF or 35mm set up. The final images will be used for web and sales promotion. I am a large format film shooter primarily but experienced in MF and 35mm formats too.

thanks in advance!

-J

jlm

Workshop Member
you might find this for rental in NYC if you want MF:

hasselblad H4d-40 (or any H3)
28mm lens, HTS (for perspective control, but will multiply focal length by 1.5)

35-90 zoom (won't work with HTS however)

archivue

i won't use an hasselblad with HTS for that !

the perfect way... Arca RM3D, or Alpa Max, or Cambo wide RS and a digital back P45+ for example
the easiest way... but not as good : canon 5D II (or DSIII) and tse lenses... or nikon D3x and PC-E lenses !

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
http://www.captureintegration.com/solutions/digital-view-camera/

Tech cameras are THE platform for serious architectural photography. They are slower to work with, and require more from the photographer as there is nothing "automatic" in the entire system (manual focus, manual exposure, manual triggering), but they produce by far the best quality of any possible option (other than perhaps 8x10 film with an excellent lens and unbelievably rigid technique - not very commercially viable).

If you're really serious about this job and are looking to increase the amount of work you do in this area I would go demo and learn one of these systems. If this is just a one time deal I'd stick with a Canon and a Tilt-shift lens.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

archivue

Camera Rentals - Still Photography
Adorama Rentals New York, NY (212) 627-8487
Calumet Photographic Pro Center New York, NY (212) 989-8500
Cress Photo Wayne, NJ (973) 694-1280