The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

fuji brand lenses on hasselbald h4d

msadat

is there any downside to using fuiji GX645 brand lenses with h4d, price wise very attractive for me. i am in the us and warranty might be an issue, dealing wit fuji japan. are these lenses functionally and physically equivalent

TIA

goesbang

Fuji make the H series lenses for Hasselblad - notice the lack of the Zeiss brand?
The fuji branded lenses are one and the same as the Blad.

msadat

i do know that fuji makes all the h lenses, i don't know if the firmware or anything else is different for it not to work

fotografz

i do know that fuji makes all the h lenses, i don't know if the firmware or anything else is different for it not to work
To be safe, I wouldn't assume they are the same. I'd investigate this by asking Hasselblad technical services ... or Fuji's

The big question would be about the lens firmware, and whether the system communication protocols are the same with the Fuji 645 HC mount body sold in Japan, and the Hassey H body. I know that very early Hasselblad brand HC lenses had to have their firmware updated at the factory to work with later model H cameras like the H2 onward. Those can usually be identified by the mount screws ... silver are old, and black screws are new.

If you find this out, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

-Marc

msadat

ok, i got a fuji 150mm lens to use with h4d-50. the lens also says hasselblad on it and works correctly with the camera, everything works. i ran about 50 shots and all is well. it seems that in japan, these dual name lenses r sold for hasselbald cameras.

i have not been able to post any pictures (i have not taken that much with the camera) but will post soon.

Pretty sure they wont fit on a H4D but don't take my word for it :p