The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar Workflow

David K

Workshop Member
Rainer, thanks for your contribution it's always good to have advice from an experienced user. I will try to incorporate your suggestions into my workflow but suspect that I also need to train my eye to see what you see in an image.

F

Fred Ragland

I've just returned from a trip that included some of the world's newest, most visually exciting airports. Two of these are the new Beijing and Bangkok airports. Rainer's portfolio of the Bangkok airport is exceptional and made all the more awesome when you see and understand the challenges he had to overcome. Thierry is not alone in considering him among the world's top architectural photographers.

Best wishes,
Fred

T

thsinar

hi Fred,

Like you, I just came back from Beijing, and yes, the new airport (terminal) is a jewel for photographers.

Best regards,
Thierry

I've just returned from a trip that included some of the world's newest, most visually exciting airports. Two of these are the new Beijing and Bangkok airports. Rainer's portfolio of the Bangkok airport is exceptional and made all the more awesome when you see and understand the challenges he had to overcome. Thierry is not alone in considering him among the world's top architectural photographers.

Best wishes,
Fred

Rethmeier

I've been trough the Bangkok airport a few times now and I can assure you that Rainer did wonders with the photography.
It certainly isn't as good looking as on his fabulous images!
Well done Rainer!
Cheers,
Willem.

T

thsinar

Agreed!

After a few months of use, this airport looks already very old, and in fact it was NEVER even finished and "clean": tiles broken/stained everywhere, chrome handrails/decoration stained with fingerprints/stains everywhere, spider webs, lack of maintenance visible all over the structures, etc ...: It's hurting the eyes, when seeing such (and I see it often) for all those seeing this "new" airport live, and one can only wonder how the images came out that perfect.

When comparing the new Beijing airport, one can see the differences in the finish: all's clean, perfect, finished, and looks great. A pity that Rainer did not shoot this one!

Thierry

I've been trough the Bangkok airport a few times now and I can assure you that Rainer did wonders with the photography.
It certainly isn't as good looking as on his fabulous images!
Well done Rainer!
Cheers,
Willem.

R

rainer-v

Agreed!

After a few months of use, this airport looks already very old, and in fact it was NEVER even finished and "clean": tiles broken/stained everywhere, chrome handrails/decoration stained with fingerprints/stains everywhere, spider webs, lack of maintenance visible all over the structures, etc ...: It's hurting the eyes, when seeing such (and I see it often) for all those seeing this "new" airport live, and one can only wonder how the images came out that perfect.

When comparing the new Beijing airport, one can see the differences in the finish: all's clean, perfect, finished, and looks great. A pity that Rainer did not shoot this one!

Thierry
a year before the opening of beijing i was asked to realize a similar shoot there than i did in bangkok, but permits have not been granted by government. never understood completely why ... maybe its china too.

T

thsinar

well, coming back from Beijing, I can tell that security is very tight, and this since months now: no 1-year multi-entry visas are granted anymore, taking pictures of buildings/spots is strictly forbidden/censored, etc ...

I was on a 8-lanes highway and we stopped at a rest area. There was a bridge over the road with a 100 meters billboard from one side to the other. I took out my Lumix to take a shot of it, and it took about 15 seconds until a soldier came to me. He wanted first to take my camera. After 2 minutes of discussions with my Chinese friend, he agreed that I can delete the taken shots. I did as if deleting and had to show him by going through the internal storage (I did shoot them in another folder, so could "save" them!). My friend told me that if I would not have agreed to "delete", they would have taken me away to the army station.

3 days ago I wanted to take some snapshots from the new "Birdnet" stadium in Beijing. I walked around it and it was surrounded by tight security: impossible to take a single shot. I could take one from the room of my hotel, through the window, but that's it, a very rough idea of what it is.

So yes, the Chinese are a bit over-sensitive on the subject, the least one can say.

Thierry

a year before the opening of beijing i was asked to realize a similar shoot there than i did in bangkok, but permits have not been granted by government. never understood completely why ... maybe its china too.