The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some of My Favorite S2 Shots Yet

VICTOR BT

yes marc, and add to this the simple fact that medium format, even leica s2, are not really snapshot cameras... doing with MF is a procedure, creative etc, but it is kinda event to do the photograph, mini or big production...

AnthonyFlores

Hi Guys,

Based on some estimates I got from a third party company that rents
Briese gear on the East Coast, here's some pricing variations. As everyone
has said, it's EXTREMELY expensive compared to Broncolor or Profoto ...

I thought I'd post it since it's so hard to find Briese pricing on the web:

Briese Focus 140 Flash Kit

B6 Lamphead $2000
Flash Tube 2400 w/s - $1,000
Focus 140 Reflector - $4,000
Focus Space 140 - $700
Stand Mount with Lever - $1500
Diffusers - $1,000
Travel Boxes - $1,300
Modeling Lamps - $500
Yellow Cube 2400 w/s - $8,500
Miscellaneous Accessories - $500

Total is about $21,000 USD

Briese Focus 180 Bi-Tube Flash Kit

Bi-Tube Lamp head (B12) - $2600
Flash Bi-Tube 2400 - $2200
Bi-Tube Focus 180 Reflector - $5400
Bi-Tube Spacer 180 - $2000
Stand Mount - $1500
Adaptor Bi-Tube - $500
Diffusers - $1000
Travel Boxes - $1500
Modeling Lamps - $500
PowerPack 6400 w/s - $15,000
Miscellaneous Accessories - $1,000

Total is about $33,200 USD

The prices are based on a $1.30 USD = 1 Euro.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for the replies, I feel like I learned a lot
and did some great research we can all keep for future reference.

Anthony

Last edited:

VICTOR BT

well, it is a question whether leica S2 is in a league of its own, but briese is defenetly on its own, and not only in price :)
anyway, what is one gonna do with 2400w generator, that can hardly take two heads ? planning to lit the whole neighborhood from helicopter ?!

a slightly more encouraging is that if u go for profoto/broncolor, and have to get generator/head/reflector anyway, then u will soon find that they are not exactly cheap, just an example, profoto pro-head is near 2k ? etc... not in the league of briese overall, but not that far away either.

AnthonyFlores

Yah Victor, you make a lot of sense ...

Also, in terms of the BronColor -- I'm going to post separately about all these lighting questions because after doing some research it seems like it's not that radically different than Briese in pricing.

I mean, for relatively similar size umbrella, powerpack, lights, stand, etc ... I think a competitive Broncolor kit is still going to be at least $15,000 ... so only about 25% less than Briese. Many people on forums make it sound like Briese is more than 2x as expensive as Broncolor.

I'd like to see an exact side-by-side comparison of a kit with current pricing ...

But I will take Guy's cue and start a new thread on the lighting forum. Thx!