The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca RM2D v Alpa STC

wwc

I would be surprised if ANY of the tech cam makers invest further in the groundglass area.
Most are holding their breath hoping for the next MFDB frontier to open up - true Live video. Once we have this feature, groundglasses and to a lesser extent, viewfinders become obsolete.
As it is, I very rarely use my viewfinder, preferring instead to view over the top of the camera and shoot a test frame, even when shooting handheld.
The next accessory I want is a 2 way spirit level that I can view from behind the camera, without a viewfinder (ATTN Team ALPA. I hope you are reading this!)
Siebel, Your work is great and the architecture work is obviously carefully composed. So I wonder, how do you do it without seeing through the ground glass? I find that often the slightest change in perspective will completely make or break a composition, so I rely on the gg. And I just like to see the image through the lens, and view what's outside the frame as I compose. I use an Alpa and switch between gg and back, which is slow, anxiety provoking, and admittedly not much fun!

I'm tempted to try using a mat board cut out for a framing device and then try to fine tune with the back's lcd, but I'm doubtful... I may just end up using a dslr when I have to work fast, and hope live view comes along some day!

yaya

Rm2D has just arrived, along with a 43mm Schneider (thank you Martin!).

I'm taking it with the Aptus-II 12 on a trip to Central America next week

cheers

yair

goesbang

I just took delivery of my Aptus 12. I guess my P65+ just became the backup back.
I'll post first impressions in a few days.
Perhaps we have a shootout on Yair!
Cheers,

B

bernardo

Looking forward hugely to future " cameras at 20 paces shootouts" from Bryan and Yair on their respective Rm2D and STC setups. Keep it coming.
Cheers, Bernardo

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I just took delivery of my Aptus 12. I guess my P65+ just became the backup back.
I'll post first impressions in a few days.
Perhaps we have a shootout on Yair!
Cheers,
It could only be on GetDPI.com when someone has a P65+ as their BACKUP digital back. :ROTFL: Good for you Bryan! :thumbs:

Love to hear more about how the STC/Aptus 12 work together and comparisons with the now last year's model, technically obsolete, no longer top of the tree P65+. :D (and for those who don't recognize humor, yes, I am just kidding ... )

goesbang

It could only be on GetDPI.com when someone has a P65+ as their BACKUP digital back. :ROTFL: Good for you Bryan! :thumbs:

Love to hear more about how the STC/Aptus 12 work together and comparisons with the now last year's model, technically obsolete, no longer top of the tree P65+. :D (and for those who don't recognize humor, yes, I am just kidding ... )
You don't know how close your last statement is to a Messianic vision...:angel:

yaya

More Rm2D/ Aptus-II/ 43mm work, from Mineral de Pozos, Mexico

this time as a walkabout tool...handheld, no finder, guestimated shift and focus:

JSK Rangefinder

much appreciated Yair :thumbup:

do you have an Aptus-II 12 with you on this trip and if you do.. could you post some images with Rm2D and the widest lens you have with you?

yaya

I only had the 43mm and it is becoming my go-to lens

Aptus-II 12, 14 seconds @50 iso (cropped the bottom and the right side a bit):

Joe

How would you compare the 43 and the 40 HR? What is the image circle on the 43. I'm getting the RL3d and want to stitch large panos.
Thanks