The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special Announcement: Phase One new IQ backs

Tim Ernst

Interesting that the 60mp version sensor will be a bit wider than the 80mp version - 53.9 vs. 53.7. It is nice to see that Phase is now finally naming their backs correctly instead of adding five extra mpxls - that was always a bit confusing. I'd say they did a great job with this upgrade overall, and I've already placed my order - I'll be completing a new picture book project in May so hope to be able to get one for the last few weeks of shooting...

Christopher

While I have to say, that 10k for a better LCD sounds a lot, we don't really know it yet. I still hope LL is right and there is some type of Semi Liveview, however even the new LCD is for me more tempting than the Leaf one. I still think the same as then, the screen is certainly better than the P+ screens, but still fare behind, what it should be. So for me the new screens on the IQ series is really how it should be.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The IQ 160 and IQ 140 use the same sensor as the P40 and P65. The only sensor change is the IQ 180 which use the the new sensor the leaf back has. Sizing I am not sure

Digitalcameraman

Morning Chris I wish Jack and I could make it to your event but we start our winter workshop that day here in AZ. Bummed to be honest as it sounds really nice too. Folks should try to go and get there hands on this for sure.
Good Morning Guy, how many have you had so far, espressos that is. Me just one. I might need a third one today will all this going on.

We are very excited about what they have built and I am sure you and Jack will be too once you see it in the flesh. I did see that you were just getting your workshops started. Good luck on that.

Look for Capture Integration to bring our Capture 6.0 Serious Technical Training workshop to Phoenix this year. I will be handling the schedule and marketing for that seminar this year. Doug, Dave and myself will be attending these seminars and will be a great chance to shoot with some of the new products and learn more about the power of Capture 6.0. We will be traveling across the US to offering these in major cities. Atlanta will be the kick off along with the launch of the new Phase One IQ Digital Backs, followed by a full day of Technical Training on Capture One 6.0.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)

Ask me about the new Phase One IQ Digital Camera Backs

Sales Manager
Phase One Partner of the Year, again
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 | Cell: 813-335-2473
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One at 10% off

======================================================

thomas

While I have to say, that 10k for a better LCD sounds a lot, we don't really know it yet. I still hope LL is right and there is some type of Semi Liveview, however even the new LCD is for me more tempting than the Leaf one. I still think the same as then, the screen is certainly better than the P+ screens, but still fare behind, what it should be. So for me the new screens on the IQ series is really how it should be.
maybe the new LCDs are great and fully usable. Fine then.
In the DSLR-world those kind of new features are more or less a "free" upgrades... new camera models typically go for about the same prices as the respective predeccesor. The same goes for cars or any other products.
So the price difference of the P65+ to the IQ160 is somewhat surprising.

Guy Mancuso

Good Morning Guy, how many have you had so far, espressos that is. Me just one. I might need a third one today will all this going on.

We are very excited about what they have built and I am sure you and Jack will be too once you see it in the flesh. I did see that you were just getting your workshops started. Good luck on that.

Look for Capture Integration to bring our Capture 6.0 Serious Technical Training workshop to Phoenix this year. I will be handling the schedule and marketing for that seminar this year. Doug, Dave and myself will be attending these seminars and will be a great chance to shoot with some of the new products and learn more about the power of Capture 6.0. We will be traveling across the US to offering these in major cities. Atlanta will be the kick off along with the launch of the new Phase One IQ Digital Backs, followed by a full day of Technical Training on Capture One 6.0.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)

Ask me about the new Phase One IQ Digital Camera Backs

Sales Manager
Phase One Partner of the Year, again

Newsletter | RSS Feed

======================================================
Let me know when in Phoenix i will certainly come and sit in for sure and brush up on my C1 skills. Doug always has a surprise or two for me with C1. I'm on number 2 with espresso's. Need to drive my wife to airport than i may go back to bed. LOL

Dan Santoso

Yah I will be mad if the trade in from P65+ tp IQ80 will cost a fortune.:bang:

maybe the new LCDs are great and fully usable. Fine then.
In the DSLR-world those kind of new features are more or less a "free" upgrades... new camera models typically go for about the same prices as the respective predeccesor. The same goes for cars or any other products.
So the price difference of the P65+ to the IQ160 is somewhat surprising.

Digitalcameraman

Yah I will be mad if the trade in from P65+ tp IQ80 will cost a fortune.:bang:
$43,990 less 65% Discount = $15,396 would be your upgrade cost.

So $28,593 is the value applied to the upgrade.

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)

Ask me about Phase One IQ Camera Backs

Sales Manager, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year, Again

Newsletter | RSS Feed

Guy Mancuso

Chris since your still on and i started knitting my new Ski mask.

can you give me upgrade from my P40+ to a lateral move than to a IQ 160. Lets realize prices are not set in stone just a idea would be great. Thanks

Digitalcameraman

Chris since your still on and i started knitting my new Ski mask.

can you give me upgrade from my P40+ to a lateral move than to a IQ 160. Lets realize prices are not set in stone just a idea would be great. Thanks
Guy:

At this point we do not have a clear understanding of how they are handling Upgrades from a P40 to a IQ 140. Or P65+ to IQ 160.

The price of the new back is $21,990. But the upgrade paths that were published only include going up to a bigger back.

So we are trying to get this confirmed in The AM. Dave Gallagher is on his way back from the release in Dubai and maybe he knows more on that.

As you know we are very creative at Capture Integration so we might need to structure something different than the standard upgrades. We should have a good handle on this by the end of the day. I asked that question yesterday too.

Just keeping knitting that ski mask, black of course, with a blue 1 on the front for identification purposes on the video cameras. LOL :bang:

Chris Snipes (e-mail Me)
Ask me about new Phase One IQ Digital Camera Backs

Sales Manager, Capture Integration
2010 Phase One Partner of the Year

Seascape

So what exactly is the "some form of LIVE VIEW" :eek:

I'm sure there are a lot of people like me that are VERY interested in finding out what this feature is.

Can we get an answer on this :rolleyes:

Terry

Thanks Chris....

I sent Dave an email a bit ago so I guess I won't hear from him for a while unless there is wifi on his flight. :p

Guy Mancuso

Yes thanks Chris. I know that was a tough or maybe better said early question to ask. Progressing with ski mask. I'm such a gear slut not sure i can resist this.

Dustbak

What do you mean you are a gear slut. I use Hasselblad and have just upgraded to the 60 but this does make me drool, drip on my keyboard :) and wanna buy it. A real almost uncontrollable urge.

Good job by Phase, the 80MP back was kind of expected by everyone but they have taken it a lot further than that.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Don't take this to the bank as initial pricing is a bit soft due to the Euro-Dollar conversion, and trade-up details are fuzzy. But with that disclaimer it looks like approximately $22K for the IQ140, $35K for the IQ160 and $44K for the IQ180 backs. The existing P40+ ad P65+ will remain in production at approximately $10K less than the equivalent IQ model. The trade-up program is confusing, but initial comments suggested that you take a discount off the new back based on the MP count of your trade-in back. So if I understood that correctly, in theory a P40+ trade would get you 40% off whatever back you want to upgrade to.

I'm sure more concise and accurate pricing and upgrade information will be forthcoming.
http://www.captureintegration.com/2011/01/23/phase-one-iq-series-upgrades/

There are two separate upgrade promotions. One for Phase One owners and one for owners of other digital backs.

Still working on cross-grade pricing (e.g. P40+ --> IQ140).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Guy Mancuso

Well the interface has got me turned on for sure. I'm past the need stage it is the want stage that scares me. LOL