The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Special Announcement: Phase One new IQ backs

Christopher

So if upgrading everywhere is the Same, it just hurst. Sorry, but paying nearly 13.000 US to upgrade from a P65 to a IQ160 is just way to much. And that's not even a 5 year warrantee included....

GMB

What are you / Phase actually doing with all the upgraded backs? Sell them as refurbished? If yes, there may be quite a bit of second hand stuff coming on the market. Not a bad prospect.

Christopher

Nope I'm talking about p65 to iq160, I mean perhaps to the 80, but really thorns no need for it. I mean 60mp are more than enough. However, if these stupid % stick it only makes sense to go from a p65 to a iq180.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Well the interface has got me turned on for sure. I'm past the need stage it is the want stage that scares me. LOL
Yes Guy , it is the WANT STAGE that scares me too .

Some people in this forum must realize that PHASE ONE's announcement has stirred up a hornets nest .

:bang:

Dan Santoso

It make no sense to pay 13.000 US to upgrade from 65+ to 160!!!

It is not fair for 65+ owner like me when Phase one introduces 160 in much cheaper price. (I bought it on 6/10) :( Another 3-4 months they have the new trade in policy, not fair!!

It has the same sensor, no way im paying over 10,000 to just change the case, LCD, and connection!!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
What are you / Phase actually doing with all the upgraded backs? Sell them as refurbished? If yes, there may be quite a bit of second hand stuff coming on the market. Not a bad prospect.
Correct. Half the backs we sell are used or refurbished. It's a great option for photographers who don't have the budget for the newer backs.

If you can afford them the new backs UI and features will make it easier, faster, and more viscerally pleasant to shoot.

If you can't the Phase One P40+ and Phase One P65+ offer the same image quality as the Phase One IQ140 and Phase One IQ160 at a lower cost of entry.

In fact we still sell a fair number of Phase One H25 units. They have no LCD and anything above ISO100 is questionable, but for table-top product/still-life guys who tether 99% of their shots this offers fantastic quality, platform versatility (RZ/View-Camera/645) at a price of not much more than a 5DII Kit.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
It make no sense to pay 13.000 US to upgrade from 65+ to 160!!!

It is not fair for 65+ owner like me when Phase one introduces 160 in much cheaper price. (I bought it on 6/10) :( Another 3-4 months they have the new trade in policy, not fair!!

It has the same sensor, no way im paying over 10,000 to just change the case, LCD, and connection!!
Cross grade pricing has not be finalized. The Phase One IQ Upgrade Promotions are just for upgrades (e.g. P40+ ---> IQ160, P65+ ---> IQ180).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

ddanois

I'm a bit confused on the upgrade pricing discussion. I thought that Phase One were providing 90% purchased price protection for an upgrade within 18 months of original purchase?

Is this not correct?

Thanks,

Derek

Christopher

Good question, just bad that it doesn't help me, after I spent already 40k in EURs on a P65, but well that was more like 22 months ago ;)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I'm a bit confused on the upgrade pricing discussion. I thought that Phase One were providing 90% purchased price protection for an upgrade within 18 months of original purchase?
Correct. Anyone who bought a back new (i.e. not upgrade/refurb) during that program will have 90% of what they paid for that back towards an upgrade to a larger back. The above poster bought before the Investment Guarantee Program was created.

Dan Santoso

Only for those purchase around/after october 2010, mine was like a few months before:deadhorse:

Is this not correct?

Thanks,

Derek

etrigan63

Well I just published my editorial and the press release and would appreciate some comments and support on my blog.

Phase One Announces IQ Series Digital Camera Backs - Echenique dot com http://bit.ly/fRCLgR

Thanks gang!

Now I have to figure out how to get to Atlanta on the cheap. Maybe I can sleep in my truck...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Definitely interested in the P40+ -> IQ140 cross grade pricing. Luckily I'm in the 90% protection window against a new back (bought mine new Oct 2010), although I did get a great deal which I guess is less useful against an upgrade at full retail alas. Does that protection only apply if moving to a higher MP back or to a new version? It's not 100% clear.

It certainly looks like the things I love about my Leaf + the good things I love about the P40+ have merged into the new backs! :thumbs:

Now I can't justify the upgrade but I sure as heck WANT it ... :p