The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad, please strike back! My wishlist:

Paul Spinnler

(Please bear with mem I'm joking)

Oh dear, venerable Hasselblad!

You've come a long way since being Nasa's go-to kit!

Look at you, Phase One is taking over the market, slowly but suredly. You've lost me as a customer, because I waited endless moons for my H4D-60 to materialize.

Please strike back with a new system worthy of 2011 and beyond!

Please create new backs with

1) high-res screens,
2) instant zoom,
3) true live view in camera,
4) weather sealing,
5) integrated battery compartment,
6) carbon fiber body,
7) scratchfree screens,
8) integrated orientation sensors and gps,
9) integrated wifi for real-time transmittal,
10) make them bomb-proof,

and then

11) commission Dalsa a new 90-100 MPX sensor
12) create two sensor lines with one emphasis on speed and iso and the other on resolution and long exposure - in the resolutions: 40, 60, 90-100

12a) start marketing your backs and bodies separately, since Phase One will sue your system apart

13) commission Rodenstock to create a new line of high-resolution lenses, weather-sealed, made of airspace-grade materials

14) create flasgship stores in Moscow, Paris, London, Tokio, Shanghai, New York, Singapore, LA and cut the prices to kick some Phase One ***

Is it that hard?

Just kidding, but please, strike back so that prices come down to reasonable levels. You don't want Phase One to take all the cake now with their sexy IQ backs? Honestly, they're so cool!

Kind regards

Paul, who wants to love you!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
LOL
and I could ask Phase to work on their body and lenses too.
In a game of leap frog, don't count on all the frogs jumping all at once. :ROTFL:
-bob

T

tokengirl

(Please bear with mem I'm joking)

Oh dear, venerable Hasselblad!

You've come a long way since being Nasa's go-to kit!

Look at you, Phase One is taking over the market, slowly but suredly. You've lost me as a customer, because I waited endless moons for my H4D-60 to materialize.

Please strike back with a new system worthy of 2011 and beyond!

Please create new backs with

1) high-res screens,
2) instant zoom,
3) true live view in camera,
4) weather sealing,
5) integrated battery compartment,
6) carbon fiber body,
7) scratchfree screens,
8) integrated orientation sensors and gps,
9) integrated wifi for real-time transmittal,
10) make them bomb-proof,

and then

11) commission Dalsa a new 90-100 MPX sensor
12) create two sensor lines with one emphasis on speed and iso and the other on resolution and long exposure - in the resolutions: 40, 60, 90-100

12a) start marketing your backs and bodies separately, since Phase One will sue your system apart

13) commission Rodenstock to create a new line of high-resolution lenses, weather-sealed, made of airspace-grade materials

14) create flasgship stores in Moscow, Paris, London, Tokio, Shanghai, New York, Singapore, LA and cut the prices to kick some Phase One ***

Is it that hard?

Just kidding, but please, strike back so that prices come down to reasonable levels. You don't want Phase One to take all the cake now with their sexy IQ backs? Honestly, they're so cool!

Kind regards

Paul, who wants to love you!
HA!!! For a second I thought I was at DPReview reading some whinging thread about what the 5DMkIII should be. LOL!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Not really sure about that one, but it's possible. What doesn't seem to be possible is good high ISO (meaning 3,000ISO and above),
The laws of physics sort of get in the way and the dual wave/particle nature of light.
Also what does good mean to you? Retaining 12.5 stops of DR at 3000iso at what rms noise level in the shadows?
-bob

fotografz

Can I play?

Dear Hasselblad ...

Please don't listen to Paul. ;)

Do not make a plastic camera, carbon fiber or not :thumbdown: ... I like the mass of the current camera for the best hand-held shots of any MFD camera I've used :thumbs: Weatherized fittings and a stainless steal body sounds good to me ... with an option of a black version.

Please leave the grip battery alone ... just up the capacity and include seals. Make some of the backs dual power capable with a clip-on ability like the CFs and CFVs. Rubberize the fittings.

Simply bring a dual shutter camera to market ... all Hassey users already have the leaf-shutter lenses from 28mm to 300mm + 1.7X, so they wouldn't have to buy new lenses. Get the shutter speed up to 1/6000th if possible ... and have Metz provide a new module for HSS.

Don't put a Sapphire Crystal LCD on the back because it'll jack the price up for no good reason ... I've had 9 H cameras and none of them had scratched LCDs. Higher res LCD is a must, but frankly, I really rather not have an iPhone on the back of my camera. Keep it simple and concentrate on shooting, not reviewing : -)

Keep integrating the HDXX series more and more ... BUT don't neglect your CF series ... which actually IS an open system. A CF-III/50MS with a bigger LCD and enclosed battery would be much appreciated.

Get the 200 meg module 50/Muti-Shot to market. This is a landscape forum for the most part, but there are a host of other shooters that can use that kind of resolution and color fidelity ... 80 meg will look like a P&S next to that.

You already have the best AF system available, but continue to refine it.

You are already working on WiFi ... just speed it up so it's in time for the iPad that'll work with it.

Now the less likely, dreamer part ...

Digital Xpan

56x56 CFV

Mend your fences with Zeiss and bring out a special line of optics for the H camera ... they have the knowhow. After all, they made the Contax 645 AF lenses with clarity and character that still outperforms most everything out there save Leica S.

-Marc

ptomsu

Workshop Member
If these wishes would really materialize it will at least take some other 2 years from now, given the speed Hasselblad brought the 60MP back to market.

More importantly is to answer the question if one needs more than offered today in the most complete MF system available. There are areas where other vendors are leading, but this is for everyone to be determined individually if this justifies a system change.

For me, shooting a H3D39, the next steps could look like that.

1) wait till an M10 with 36MP will be available - then sell the H3D39 and simply do all the stuff done so far with the Hassi with the M10.

2) if I find to need more resolution and higher quality the go for a IQ60 or IQ80 and Alpa plus some 1 or 2 lenses - for landscape

3) wait till the next generation FF DSLR body from Nikon is out and then replace my D700 with hopefully a 30MP D800 (am I dreaming again?)

4) continue on the lower end with M43 (Pana and Oly) as I am currently a very happy camper with the GH2. Maybe even replace my Nikon system completely with some M43 Pro system (if available in the future)

5) Maybe get into the S system with one or two lenses ......

But hey, where is then Hasselblad? Seems it will have been gone :D

David Schneider

The laws of physics sort of get in the way and the dual wave/particle nature of light.
Also what does good mean to you? Retaining 12.5 stops of DR at 3000iso at what rms noise level in the shadows?
-bob
Naw. Just enough so I wouldn't need to take out the 5dmk2 in low light for things like weddings and outside portraits.

Physics be damned. If they can build lola bomb proof model, getting ISO's up over 2,000iso should be easy.

PeterA

A digital XPan ...one can only dream...

one of the best camera systems just abandoned...with some lame excuse about mercury soldering ...

Dustbak

I must say. I am really happy with my H4D60. Having seen the difference between 50MS and 80MP my real wishlist is actually quite short.

1) Weatherseal the H4D
2) 80 MP, would I buy this? Yes I would and I would skip the 50MS.
3) .3FR & /FFF integration in ACR (Lightroom)
4) Live view on the back's screen.
5) Sensor+ like tech (ISO 3200 with 15MP for the 60)
6) Various sizes of Raw

That is about it. The rest are nice to haves. Marc's list is pretty much it. I would also prefer the current screen and have a wifi/bluetooth connection that sends the embedded JPG to an iPad over the iPhone like screen. I find every screen to small to really determine what is happening. I prefer doing this after I got home and use the big screen.

There is actually 1 thing I would definitely like.

7) Look at the big and useful histogram that Leaf is using on its back. I would love to have this too.

fotografz

A digital XPan ...one can only dream...

one of the best camera systems just abandoned...with some lame excuse about mercury soldering ...
Could you imagine? I'd be there so fast ... I loved that camera. Now with microlens technologies and coded programing it seems it could be done ala the M9 FF.

Speaking of dreaming out loud ... imagine if the Leica DMR/ Imacon alliance had evolved rather than falling apart.

We'd have the 35mm CCD camera we all wanted, and who knows where the MFD systems would be ... an evolved Hassey/Imacon camera, with Leica glass. Yummy!

-Marc

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Could you imagine? I'd be there so fast ... I loved that camera. Now with microlens technologies and coded programing it seems it could be done ala the M9 FF.

Speaking of dreaming out loud ... imagine if the Leica DMR/ Imacon alliance had evolved rather than falling apart.

We'd have the 35mm CCD camera we all wanted, and who knows where the MFD systems would be ... an evolved Hassey/Imacon camera, with Leica glass. Yummy!

-Marc
:ROTFL: Dreams , wonderful dreams .

The good thing with dreams is , they are for free , but you can't shoot with them .
And a photographers life without gear dreams must be boring .
Somehow . Wake up . :deadhorse:

PeterA

Marc : Well call me sentimental but when Woody offered his complete XPan kit I jumped at it -3 months earlier I had foolishly sold my kit..

the XPan is the only camera I have ever used that I preferred to Leica film cameras. It was and ( is) a perfect camera. As an aside it also proves just how good Fuji is at making lenses - it was my experience with the XPan lenses which made me move into Hasselblad H series.

So they have 2 buyers for the digi version! Lets start a list...