The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P45+ First outing

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Despite my hand being all bandaged up, I just couldn't help try out the new back.
Martha Mary Chapel at the Wayside Inn
View attachment 5611
Thanks Lance
-bob

Last edited:

Dale Allyn

Congrats, Bob. Sorry about the hand, especially with the new toy available.

I love that with the P25+ I can print at basically 17x23ish natively. I've not printed anything yet, but looking forward to it. Need to shoot something worth printing first. :)

Enjoy the P45+.

David K

Workshop Member
Bob,
Congrats on the new gear. Is this out of the camera or did you apply some sharpening? BTW, what happened to your hand... hope it isn't serious.

Jim Stone

Workshop Member
Bob,

What DID you do to your hand???? Sorry it happened regardless, but curious minds would like to know :( Very nice image and congrats on the new gear. Maybe someday when I grow up.......:cry: Keep posting those images.

Jim
:banghead:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
David,
The hand: Carpel tunnel and biposy of a nodule. No big deal, just waiting for the incisions to heal. I do the left hand third week of July along with a shoulder re-work. Like Tiger, I am out for the rest of the golf season (maybe)
The shot: Yes, some sharpening in Lightroom 50% at 0.8 pixel and in photoshop Smart sharpen 150% at 0.4 px. I am still (yeah right, less than 24 hrs experience) trying to decide how to treat these files.
I thought I had a spot on the sensor, but when I looked at it at 100% it turned out to be a dragonfly in-flight.
-bob

David K

Workshop Member
Bummer with the surgery Bob sorry to hear this but glad it's not more serious. Takes time to learn how to work files from new gear. I'm still working on it myself and have a long way to go. Meanwhile enjoy your new kit and I'll look for your M8 on the Buy Sell forum :)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bob - good luck with the hand AND the P45+

RE: Printing - perhaps you need the 9880 to go along with that P45+ :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Bob congrats and get better soon all in the same breath. I am really hoping to see you on the 17th before the next round of surgery. BTW in C1 4.1 use the pre-sharpen and call it a day. About all you should need. Also lower luminance to about 10 and I think color lower to about 30 or so. Some starting points.

Terry

Hi Bob,
Hope all heals well and round 2 goes OK.
Oh, and congratulations on the new baby :D

Terry

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Best of luck with your new camera! You'll be making it jump through hoops before long I'm sure. Congratulations.

Is there an emoticon for "envy"?

:thumbup: