The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sorry, but I have to ask...

yaya

Zero

(I was going to write "0" but this board's software requires 2 characters as a minimum)

Yair

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The answer Phase will say is they have 3 product lines. Mamiya, Leaf and Phase. Leaf supports the Hy6/Afi and there other product lines do not. There intent overall is to cover all platforms.

goesbang

I own an Aptus 12 and I've shot with the IQ180. I love the IQ but the Aptus 12 gives you the same resolution at a lot less cost. If I wasn't making a healthy income from my gear, I'd buy the Aptus over the IQ.
If your only choice is Aptus 12 in the 80 MP class, then go for it. It is truly awesome.

PeterA

It is like a guy asks to buy a Porsche and the salesman says - "sorry you cant have one - but we have a nice truck out the back you might like - and it is cheap!:poke:

:ROTFL::ROTFL:

gotta love these 'open systems'...

yaya

It is like a guy asks to buy a Porsche and the salesman says - "sorry you cant have one - but we have a nice truck out the back you might like - and it is cheap!:poke:

:ROTFL::ROTFL:

gotta love these 'open systems'...
So you're saying your Hy6 armed with an Aptus-II 12 is a truck???? That is some bada** truck mate:thumbup: Tilt screen...rotating chip...can't get any of that in a Porsche:thumbs:

Oh did I mention there's no extra charge for the AFi/ Hy6 mount????

BradleyGibson

I wasn't aware of that--I thought there was a $1500 charge for it.

I was just curious to know what the possibilities were--I am seeing a difference between the two backs in terms of how they handle blooming--that is a weakness of my AFi-II 10 as well--I'd hope it would be improved in the 12, but from (admittedly too small a sample size) I'm concerned that I'll still have the issue on moving to the 12.

What am I seeing?

Relatively dark branches or skeletal structures (like trestle bridges) against bright sky, night shots with bright light sources, chrome or other highly reflective surface in daylight all producing quite pronounced purple fringing artifacts.

Anyway, I know we can't have it all--the ergonomics of the II-series in AFi mount is second-to-none. Even if the IQ180 were offered in AFi mount, the price difference combined with the loss of the ergonomic features would still make it a tough choice. That being said the blooming that I'm seeing around saturated pixels is strong enough to be a problem.

I also have observed numerous hot pixels in some shots from both the 10 and the 12 from exposures in the 10-20 second range.

Thanks,

goesbang

I wasn't aware of that--I thought there was a $1500 charge for it.

I was just curious to know what the possibilities were--I am seeing a difference between the two backs in terms of how they handle blooming--that is a weakness of my AFi-II 10 as well--I'd hope it would be improved in the 12, but from (admittedly too small a sample size) I'm concerned that I'll still have the issue on moving to the 12.

What am I seeing?

Relatively dark branches or skeletal structures (like trestle bridges) against bright sky, night shots with bright light sources, chrome or other highly reflective surface in daylight all producing quite pronounced purple fringing artifacts.

Anyway, I know we can't have it all--the ergonomics of the II-series in AFi mount is second-to-none. Even if the IQ180 were offered in AFi mount, the price difference combined with the loss of the ergonomic features would still make it a tough choice. That being said the blooming that I'm seeing around saturated pixels is strong enough to be a problem.

I also have observed numerous hot pixels in some shots from both the 10 and the 12 from exposures in the 10-20 second range.

Thanks,
I own an Aptus 12 and have just shot a major architectural job with it. One of the shots was of a hirise building in the last light of the day (we call it shooting in available darkness) with exposed construction site lights and street lamps in frame. Nowhere is there any sign of blooming.

My exposures were in the 10-25 sec range and yes, I saw more black pixels than I expect to see with my P65+. However, turning up the long exposure slider on C1, which is designed specifically to deal with single-pixel noise, completely eliminated this with zero visible loss of image quality.

Real-world score - Aptus 12 won on both counts.

More importantly, client blown away. Yay!

BradleyGibson

I own an Aptus 12 and have just shot a major architectural job with it. One of the shots was of a hirise building in the last light of the day (we call it shooting in available darkness) with exposed construction site lights and street lamps in frame. Nowhere is there any sign of blooming.

My exposures were in the 10-25 sec range and yes, I saw more black pixels than I expect to see with my P65+. However, turning up the long exposure slider on C1, which is designed specifically to deal with single-pixel noise, completely eliminated this with zero visible loss of image quality.

Real-world score - Aptus 12 won on both counts.

More importantly, client blown away. Yay!
Good to know--I may need to change my workflow to C1 with these backs. Thanks, Siebel.

BradleyGibson

First batch of AFi-II 12 backs leaving the factory yesterday :)

Could you let slip the exact street address where these are being stored? I'd like to call in a "few friends" to help watch over that precious cargo! :D

P.S. And the time the guards change shifts would be nice too. :cool:

yaya

Could you let slip the exact street address where these are being stored? I'd like to call in a "few friends" to help watch over that precious cargo! :D

P.S. And the time the guards change shifts would be nice too. :cool:
I asked but they wouldn't tell me....will "destination: Asia" be a good enough info????

Steve Hendrix

So you're saying your Hy6 armed with an Aptus-II 12 is a truck???? That is some bada** truck mate:thumbup: Tilt screen...rotating chip...can't get any of that in a Porsche:thumbs:

Yair -

Not sure how you mean this, but in the USA anyway, AFi-II 12 is $33,490 and Aptus-II 12 (all other mounts) are $31,990. If we missed the memo, let us know.

Otherwise, we'll just look for an adjusted invoive on all those units that are coming to us next week....;)

Steve Hendrix