The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone have a good mamiya 35mm or 45mm...

S

Shelby Lewis

... that they are willing to loan/rent out for a month or so to a poor doctoral music student (me! :eek:) in Baton Rouge, LA. I'm trying to figure out which focal length will be more useful for me and I have a few shoots possibly coming up that could use something a bit wider than "normal". But I don't want to "buy and try".

Or... do you know where I could locate one.

Thanks!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Cool! Tim, I'll drop you a note in the next 24 hours.

Thanks!
Shelby

Tim Ernst

I'm in Arkansas so I guess Metairie would be closer, but let me know if it doesn't work out. Good luck with your kit!

dogstarnyc

Shelby,

Enjoy the lenses... My 2c is as follows...

I've got/had the 35mm AF, the 45mm AF and the 50mm F4 shift.

I was lucky and got a great 45mm and loved that viewpoint, it sits well on the camera and is a gem.
The 35mm in all honesty was bought as an emergency back up for architecture work in case my shift or shift/stich options didn't work, I could always 'go wide and fix later' if really really pushed. I find the 35mm not a patch on the 45mm or 50mm shift and from what I've read here it is the next one in line to be improved by the new phase/mamiya set up. I read that as tighter tolerances, better coatings etc to work with digi backs.

I think you've got a P30 right...? 1:3 crop, if so then do try the 35mm as the crop might just cut off the worst part of the lens... and to be honest these lenses are not at all bad so when people say 'worst or bad'... it might sound worse than it is...

Now.. I want to test my 50mm shift with another one...?

Anybody got one close to NYC...?

Steve

http://www.stevebrickles.com