The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 6.1.1 released

lkuhlmann

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/CaptureOne.aspx

This is a release with new camera support and some bugfixes.

Camera Support

• Leaf Aptus-II 12 SensorFlex 1:1, 14:9 and 3:2 modes
• Leaf Aptus‐II 12R and AFi‐II 12
• Olympus E‐PL2 and XZ-1

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where LCC files from older versions of Capture One could not be used.
• Improved OpenCL performance and stability in some situations.
• Improved Image Quality for Leica D-Lux5, Panasonic DMC-LX5, Canon 5D Mark II and Pentax K-5, K-r and Olympus E-5.
• Fixed a few issues related to Capture Pilot.

-Lionel

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If you use Leaf backs, be VERY careful about this "upgrade". C1 Pro 6.1 had problems with Leaf files and is next to useless for me and was verified by my dealer. C1 Pro 6.1.1 is even worse because rather than just displaying no previews it now completely crashes.

I had to submit a support case (85299) - sorry guys, someone at Phase needs to test this stuff! :mad::mad::mad:

Btw, Leaf Capture 11, including the current 11.4.5 handles the exact same files perfectly, as did C1 Pro prior to v6.

Geoff

I had some issues with 6.1 and Leaf files, but then none at all. They're being opened directly by C1, without going through Leaf Capture.

GrahamWelland

I was only able to read uncompressed Leaf files with v6.1. Unfortunately I need LCC corrections and these were disabled. Were you able to process compressed files? Neither I nor my dealer were able to do that.

To reiterate the frustration, this ALL worked in v5.2 onwards so something broke it.

yaya

Graham,

In order for LCC to be enabled, the files must be either shot compressed to CF card or shot tethered to C1. If you check the metadata of these files the format shown will be "RAW".

If the files were shot uncompressed to a card, or shot tethered to Leaf Capture, or re-saved in Leaf Capture they will appear as MOS and LCC will be disabled.

If LCC doesn't work on your files (because of the above) but you still have to remove cast/ falloff then I suggest that you use Leaf Capture's LCC.

Hope this helps

yair

GrahamWelland

Yair,

The original files were saved as lossless compressed .mos files which C1 Pro was unable to process. In v6.1 they don't render a preview image (triangle with exclamation point is rendered as the preview), and they aren't rendered at all as full images in C1 Pro v6.1. Obviously since the image isn't processed, LCC isn't available. In v6.1.1. reading a lossless compressed file crashes C1 Pro.

When I converted the files in Leaf Capture 11 to produce uncompressed files, C1 Pro v6.1 did load them but alas no LCC correction so that didn't help at all. Similarly when I shot uncompressed files with the Aptus 65 - no LCC correction option.

Sure, I can do the LCC processing in Leaf Capture but that rather defeats the object of buying C1 Pro for handling all of my files doesn't it?

yaya

Graham, my suggestion to use Leaf Capture was meant to cover you while we figure out the crashes you are experiencing and if you already have files that cannot be LCC'ed in C1

Cheers yair

GrahamWelland

Thanks Yair

Btw, I do also appreciate your assistance with the support case over at Phase One too! :thumbup: I'm sure that this is even more of an annoyance to you as the Leaf PM as it is for your customers.

I'm sure that v6.1.2 will follow quickly. I wouldn't care so much if it was a problem with non phase one/leaf files but this is somewhat embarrassing. My dealer confirmed the same behavior too tonight btw with v6.1.1.

Geoff

+1. For Yair and Leaf/Phase to continue to work to solve the integration of Leaf shots into the C1 realm is really encouraging. Many thanks to all who are working in that regard. It might not be the cutting edge of new product development, but it sure is important to those of us with Leaf backs.

archivue

i keep on trying C1 and always go back to LC... LC have less ti offer, but it is more reliable... and that's important for my use !

GrahamWelland

i keep on trying C1 and always go back to LC... LC have less ti offer, but it is more reliable... and that's important for my use !
I'm there with you. LC 11.4.5 is working well for my leaf files and is fast too.

Kudos to the Phase folks though, they've reproduced and are working on fixing the Leaf issues so I am encouraged that perhaps the next release will address some of the current incompatibilities. :poke: :thumbup: