The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Transitions - Any Comments?

rga

I am considering the purchase of a refurbished P45+ from this dealer and would like to know of any opinions, good, bad, not sure, about this dealer.

I also would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me whether a refurbished with 1 year warranty back is one that's been pretty beat up in the past and whether or not I should wait for a low exposure count back still under warranty.

Thanks for any help any of you can provide. Much appreciated.
Bob

R

Ronan

Refurbish can mean a lot...

Might have been a demo, something broke, exchange, and other things.

I believe DT's owner frequents this website too (i could be wrong though).

lance_schad

Workshop Member

Hello I am now working for Digital Transitions Bob. I have been a member, supporter and contributor to GetDPI for many years along with some of my colleagues. Digital Transitions is one of the largest and oldest Phase One resellers worldwide. We can provide you with references and I am sure some of our customers will post a reply as well in time in this thread. I figured since I was up and can't sleep right now I would post a reply.

I can understand your concern about buying a 'refurbished' product. I can assure you that all products sold by our organization are covered not only with the manufacturers warranty(that we state in writing) but our satisfaction guarantee as well .We want you to be 100% satisfied with your investment. We stand behind everything we sell. The refurbished Phase One backs are not only reinspected and certified by Phase One, but also are checked out fully and tested by us as prior to it shipping to you. They come in an original Phase One hard case along with a set of brand new accessories and Capture One license. it is hard to tell a new back from one of our refurbs (except when you look at the capture count).Capture count does vary, but these devices are built very well and we have units in the field with upwards of a million captures that have never failed.

If I can be of further assistance please call or email.

We are looking forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

Lance

rga

Thank you Lance. So from your response, the refurb is performed by your company (directly or via contract), not Phase One (though I understand that Phase One reinspects and certifies your work)?

Best,
Bob

lance_schad

Workshop Member

Thank you Lance. So from your response, the refurb is performed by your company (directly or via contract), not Phase One (though I understand that Phase One reinspects and certifies your work)?

Best,
Bob
The refurb is performed by Phase One and tested by us before they ship.

Lance

S

Shelby Lewis

I will add that I've dealt with Jeff Linn at DT in New york a few times (never purchased from him), and he's always been helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. (and persistent! :D)

As far as I can tell, they are a class act.

Of course, many of us here know (or know of) Lance. He's always been very helpful on this forum.

Hi Bob:

I've had a P45+ for 3.5 years with no issues at all. It always works! I wouldn't worry about the reliability of the back, and since you have the warranty its even better. Buying from DT means that you'll always great support if you need it. And if you're working with Lance, then another big plus!

rga

Thanks Jeffrey.
I spoke with Lance yesterday and a new P45+ is being packaged and sent to me this weekend.
Lance has been truly terrific in working with me. I couldn't be more thrilled!

I appreciate everyone's input to this question very much. Thank you all.
Bob

rga

Yes! For $1k more and trade in of my Aptus 22!!!
Lance has been absolutely amazing. I've been buying equipment for over 25 years and I have NEVER had such great service. Truly amazing.
I'm going to Yosemite on Wednesday through Sunday, so Lance sent me the refurbished one to use until mine came in. Sent FedEx next day Sat. delivery. I've been working through using it all morning and I couldn't be happier.
So my hat's really off to Lance and DT. I am so glad I joined this forum; worth every penny!!

lance_schad

Workshop Member
The trade was worth $6k towards the purchase of a new P45+ classic. Actually any competitors back from 18-22MP could be used as a trade in . We have some very good trade-in programs running right now.

Lance

narikin

I am sorry to chime in negatively here, but I live in NY and won't deal with DT.

They just seem to see you as a walking business opportunity, rather than as a human being/photographer.

The last straw was when they wanted me to sign a 3 page contract to put my name on a waiting list for a Phase 110mm LS lens. Yes, a CONTRACT to join the list for a lens. With binding terms and kill fees, etc.

I and my 2 other pro friends, both well known photographers, stay away from them. I sincerely hope your experience is better.

P

photohagen

Hello I am now working for Digital Transitions Bob. I have been a member, supporter and contributor to GetDPI for many years along with some of my colleagues. Digital Transitions is one of the largest and oldest Phase One resellers worldwide. We can provide you with references and I am sure some of our customers will post a reply as well in time in this thread. I figured since I was up and can't sleep right now I would post a reply.

I can understand your concern about buying a 'refurbished' product. I can assure you that all products sold by our organization are covered not only with the manufacturers warranty(that we state in writing) but our satisfaction guarantee as well .We want you to be 100% satisfied with your investment. We stand behind everything we sell. The refurbished Phase One backs are not only reinspected and certified by Phase One, but also are checked out fully and tested by us as prior to it shipping to you. They come in an original Phase One hard case along with a set of brand new accessories and Capture One license. it is hard to tell a new back from one of our refurbs (except when you look at the capture count).Capture count does vary, but these devices are built very well and we have units in the field with upwards of a million captures that have never failed.

If I can be of further assistance please call or email.

We are looking forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

Lance
congrats! best of luck to you! DT is a wonderful company! i bought all of my dbacks from DT and never had any issues with them whatsoever. i had a dback go bad which was still on warranty. . .but i have to say that they acted swiftly with no questions asked. their tech support is superb too! i have a couple of friends/prof photographers who have also been doing business with them for years without issues. i find them not to be the usual cut-throat camera floggers that you typically find in the nyc area. and no, i don't work for them but i do recommend them very highly.

rh