The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica S Lens Firmware Link

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Woody,

The instruction pdf that is downloadable in the owners area next to the firmware update includes a chart on the second page that shows the correct latest firmware version for each lens.

I hope that helps ... I double-checked the numbers after updating my lenses to make certain that both of them had the right firmware. I'm good to go.

I'd certainly like to know what was in the update before loading it. But that's another story.

Kurt

fotografz

LOL!, We were posting at the same time Kurt.

Wonder if it is further refining the AF speed/accuracy ... which the German's wouldn't readily admit to since that means it wasn't "Perfect" in the first place.:ROTFL:

-Marc

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Sorry guys could not post this yesterday was out shooting a gig. Here is the press release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEW: Leica Camera offers a new LEICA S lens firmware update and a new Image Shuttle software version

Allendale, NJ (February 18, 2011) - Leica Camera, Inc. is pleased to announce the latest S lens firmware update and a new Image Shuttle software version. Users wishing to benefit from the new offerings can now download the firmware and software updates from the “Leica Owners Area” on the Leica website and take advantage of new, improved features.

Available for LEICA SUMMARIT-S 1:2,5 / 35mm ASPH., the LEICA SUMMARIT-S 1:2,5 / 70mm ASPH., the LEICA APO-MACRO-SUMMARIT-S 1:2,5 / 120mm and the LEICA APO-ELMAR-S 1:3,5 / 180mm, the new S lens firmware update optimizes the lens’ performance due to an initializing sequence when turning on the camera and attaching the lens. Users are invited to download the instructions manual prior to updating their lens.

Leica Camera’s new Image Shuttle software update optimizes the compatibility with the current S2 firmware, in addition to improving stability. Furthermore, it allows Quick View to display images in a separate, scalable window immediately after capture when shooting tethered.

The S lens firmware update, the software update and instructions manuals will be available for download to registered S customers starting February 18, 2011 at http://owners.leica-camera.com/.

Media Contacts:
Evins Communications
212-688-8200
Jordan Frank
212-377-3597 / [email protected]
Clara Kroher
212-377-3589 / [email protected]

xpixel

Leica Camera’s new Image Shuttle software update optimizes the compatibility with the current S2 firmware, in addition to improving stability. Furthermore, it allows Quick View to display images in a separate, scalable window immediately after capture when shooting tethered.
Yes have now tested the new Version of Image Shuttle 1.2. Never seen such a fast preview before on a MF cam. Now you can about IMMEDIATELY view the picture on the QuickView resizable window... cooool... much faster than in LR. I must say WOW...

fotografz

Yes have now tested the new Version of Image Shuttle 1.2. Never seen such a fast preview before on a MF cam. Now you can about IMMEDIATELY view the picture on the QuickView resizable window... cooool... much faster than in LR. I must say WOW...
Thanks for that test ... I'll have to give it a try. I shot a formal portrait session yesterday using LR3 and it was okay ... but when I shot fast, it took LR awhile to load ... this sounds like it will help for that kind of work.

Wish I had solid state drives on my Laptop ... my wife's Mac Air is much faster than my 3 year old Mac Book Pro with the S2 tethered.

-Marc

David K

Workshop Member
Maybe I'm brain dead but I don't see anything that allows me to download the firmware update. Do you have to register the S2/lenses with Leica to have that available?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Good news and that is the way it should be . Glad to see leica catch up here than the earlier version of Image Shuttle.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Maybe I'm brain dead but I don't see anything that allows me to download the firmware update. Do you have to register the S2/lenses with Leica to have that available?
We may have to get the serial numbers switched to your name first. In the meantime, I can email you the updates. Or, just swing by and I'll do it for you.

David

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks David... I was down in Hollywood yesterday shooting the boardwalk/beach with Roger. Great street stuff for the M9... thousands of people enjoying the weather and lots of interesting characters. I'll get in touch with you privately for the updates.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Thanks David... I was down in Hollywood yesterday shooting the boardwalk/beach with Roger. Great street stuff for the M9... thousands of people enjoying the weather and lots of interesting characters. I'll get in touch with you privately for the updates.
Too funny... Julie and I were down there yesterday as well to do our weekly shopping at the farmer's market. Today, we went back with Sophia and had a beach day.

The weather is just too good to pass up. :)

David

I am jealous of you guys. The Hollywood beach and boardwalk is a great spot. Roger and I went down there last year and came away with some good photos. I was in the area several days in January and even though my hotel was on Hollywood beach I only got on the beach for sunrise one morning - didn't make it to the boardwalk at all. I guess I spent too much time in the Everglades or not enough total time in the area.