The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Galles Beach, Sri Lanka

D

drmytan

Just got my Hasselblad recently. My first posting here. It was taken in the early morning in my hotel's compound at Galles Beach in Sri Lanka. Welcome c & c.

fotografz

Me wana be there!

I'm sooooooooooooo over winter and snow.

Which Hassey did you get? Which lens for this shot? More importantly, what was the temperature outside? ... sigh.

Congrats on your new camera and a great shot.

-Marc

D

drmytan

Me wana be there!

I'm sooooooooooooo over winter and snow.

Which Hassey did you get? Which lens for this shot? More importantly, what was the temperature outside? ... sigh.

Congrats on your new camera and a great shot.

-Marc

H4D 31 and 28mm lens. Temp maybe 26 to 28.

coulombic

Colors are great. The greens look excellent in the foreground. Quite sharp, with extremely good depth-of-field. What aperture was used, anyway?

Throw some graduated neutral density filters on. The sky feels a bit bright to me. I'm ambivalent on the composition, mostly in the gray area where nothing from it feels as if it stands out as a "subject."

fotografz

Hmm, not sure I'd deepen the sky with a ND grad ... IMO that takes away from the natural feel ... the way the eye sees things in the distance through the atmosphere.

If anything I'd tone back the brighter left bottom corner to increase that illusion of depth.

My 2¢.

-Marc

dick

Colors are great. The greens look excellent in the foreground. Quite sharp, with extremely good depth-of-field. What aperture was used, anyway?

Throw some graduated neutral density filters on. The sky feels a bit bright to me. I'm ambivalent on the composition, mostly in the gray area where nothing from it feels as if it stands out as a "subject."
Nice...Nice composition.

There are many shots like this which I feel would benefit from a red grad... which would reduce the haze, correct the blue cast in the distance and darken the sky.

The overcast sky nicely fill the shadows in the foreground - or did you fill the shadows in Phocus?

Focus seems too close - Merklinger suggests focusing nearer to infinity than hyperfocal.

Are you thinking about getting a T/S?

D

drmytan

Thanks for comments. Appreciate. Setting: ISO100, F/22 @ 1/4 sec, manual & centrespot meter :thumbup:

D

drmytan

Hmm, not sure I'd deepen the sky with a ND grad ... IMO that takes away from the natural feel ... the way the eye sees things in the distance through the atmosphere.

If anything I'd tone back the brighter left bottom corner to increase that illusion of depth.

My 2¢.

-Marc
Thanks Marc. I only used CPL filter. I'm quite happy with the sky!

D

drmytan

Nice...Nice composition.

There are many shots like this which I feel would benefit from a red grad... which would reduce the haze, correct the blue cast in the distance and darken the sky.

The overcast sky nicely fill the shadows in the foreground - or did you fill the shadows in Phocus?

Focus seems too close - Merklinger suggests focusing nearer to infinity than hyperfocal.

Are you thinking about getting a T/S?
Thanks. Didn't do much with editing. Will experiment with the infinity focus something new for me!:thumbup:

Note: Not sure abt getting a T/S, HaHa!

P. Chong

Just got my Hasselblad recently. My first posting here. It was taken in the early morning in my hotel's compound at Galles Beach in Sri Lanka. Welcome c & c.
Good one Marc...I too prefer to leave the sky a bit bright, as its the sky here in this part of the world.

Need to go back to Sri Lanka...gosh, its so beautiful...did you spend some time up in the hill stations?

D

drmytan

Good one Marc...I too prefer to leave the sky a bit bright, as its the sky here in this part of the world.

Need to go back to Sri Lanka...gosh, its so beautiful...did you spend some time up in the hill stations?
Thanks Peter. I did go up to Nuwara Eliya but it rained non stop. The only time it was fine when l arrived at Galles. Sigh!