The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus Mobile

MartinE

Very easy to get it connected but I have a problem with remote AF not working on my I Pod touch. Also zoom works ok but would like a dedicated 50 or 100% button if possible. Will be a useful tool I think

Hi Martin,

Remote AF is not a function of Phocus Mobile as there would be no way of directing the AF points to a particular spot. Unless you had a motorised Tripod mount!

So far you can adjust remotely..

-Shutter
-Aperture
-ISO
-WB
-Mirror
-Expose

David

MartinE

Thanks David. Its just that I have a wireless remote that I plug in that does the focus so it must be possible. Hope it can be in next release. Anyway the viewer is great. Just need a quick zoom. Regards Martin

dick

Great news, David... I hope to get it set up tomorrow.

Hi Martin,

Remote AF is not a function of Phocus Mobile as there would be no way of directing the AF points to a particular spot. Unless you had a motorised Tripod mount!

David
I do have a motorized tripod mount... and I had contemplated using remote AF drive for DOF merge, standing or holding a target where I want the plane of sharpest focus to be for each shot, e.g. in a church.

I would be away from the camera with hand-held flashes for "painting with flash light", and it would be convienient not to have to walk back to the camera or computer for each shot.

For most applications you can operate AF from the computer... but what if you are in the photograph... line of chalk on the floor?

Perhaps you could include remote Auto-focus in a future version?

Thanks David. Its just that I have a wireless remote that I plug in that does the focus so it must be possible. Hope it can be in next release. Anyway the viewer is great. Just need a quick zoom. Regards Martin
Technically it is possible, but we have to consider if it is useful for anyone (except Dick that is)

Teager

I for one would love to see the addition of a remote auto focus!

MartinE, what remote do you have that allows auto focus for the Hasselblad?

gero

Is it possible to check focus through the iphone screen (like in a swc for example) ether by live view or in a test shot?

MartinE

I use a remote from YongNuo bought off ebay. Phottix also make one which may be better quality. The one I have works 100% with no problems. I had it a long time first used it with a H2D now with H3D. Half press light goes green and triggers AF then press more to fire. Phocus Mobile would be a simpler option with the AF. Maybe next release !

A

ash73

It would be great if Phocus mobile could just activate the same focusing functions as the Phocus desktop application. For example, the Adjust Focus button.