The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can I put my LEAF back used usually on a DF body onto a mamiya RZ?

Paul Spinnler

Hi guys,

just a quick question. I currently own a leaf digital back that I use on a Phase One DF body. Is the Mamiya/Phase mount on that camera the same one as the one on the mamiya RZ?

Or is it possible to use with an adapter?

How are the RZ lenses compared to the 645 lenses?

Regards

Paul

yaya

Hi guys,

just a quick question. I currently own a leaf digital back that I use on a Phase One DF body. Is the Mamiya/Phase mount on that camera the same one as the one on the mamiya RZ?

Or is it possible to use with an adapter?

How are the RZ lenses compared to the 645 lenses?

Regards

Paul
Hi Paul check my post this should give you all the info you need about the adapter(s)

My favourite RZ lens is the 110mm

cheers

yair

gsking

I've got a Valeo 22 and (with Yair's help) am still learning how to use it. It mounts on my RZ67 via adapter, and shoots...but for some reason the adapter reports ISO800 or thereabouts to the RZ, so the metering is way off.

I haven't tried it enough to get a good feel about the benefits of the RZ over the 645AF. I tested the 110mm lenses against eachother on my old 11mp back long ago, and although the differences were visible, they weren't quantifiable. Probably due to perspective or something, even though I tried to make identical shots.

I guess it'll force me to relearn to use my meter and my WLF. ;)

kipling

I have a phase df and a rz67II and my aptus II works great on the rz67II.
the lenses are razor sharp and with a good screen it's fairly easy to focus.
the 110mm is also my favorite rz lens.

the biggest pain are the cables...but you get used to them. : )

Jérôme.E

Have you got others lenses to advise??
Thanks

kipling

65mm, 90mm, 110mm, 127mm, 180mm all good imo, but I shoot on a tripod with flash and between f8 and f22.

If you shoot wide open you might find the older 127mm to be a bit softer than you like...but I like it.

Paul Spinnler

In which situation do you shoot with either camera and for what reason? I'm interested in hearing how they compare to each other. I see such low prices for the RZ system, that it really becomes tempting ...