The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New "arTec" Sinar Architecture Camera

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Jack & Son,
The X-Act 2 is a real nice system from my experience using it, but only if you do not need or want a whole lot of movements. Beyond 15 degrees, you are toast. I also prefer a view camera with movement locks. That friction stuff is for the birds if you are moving it very much. After using the X-Act and a Plaubel PL-69D for a couple of months, I sold the X-Act and still have the Plaubel. Never used a Linhof 679, but everyone I know who owns one really love it also.

Jack & Son,
The X-Act 2 is a real nice system from my experience using it, but only if you do not need or want a whole lot of movements. Beyond 15 degrees, you are toast. I also prefer a view camera with movement locks. That friction stuff is for the birds if you are moving it very much. After using the X-Act and a Plaubel PL-69D for a couple of months, I sold the X-Act and still have the Plaubel. Never used a Linhof 679, but everyone I know who owns one really love it also.
I thought I'd read somewhere in a forum that the Plaubel was well-known for moving when the clamps were tightened. I stopped my investigations into this camera after reading that. Am I right in thinking that you have not found this to be the case?

R

rainer-v

i myself think its often more interesting to put things out of focus and creating unexpected sharpness zones via scheimpflug than to make the opposite, more so with the ultrawides many often use in architecture photography, where stopping down to f8 or 11 means mostly everything is sharp.

in any case i played around with focus softwares ( i have photo zoom pro3 ) and never got satisfying results with wideangles on big mf files. dont know what i made wrong, i think nothing.....

PSon

Jack & Son,
Chuck,
Were you using the wide angle bellows to avoid vignetting or were you using the regular bellows?
Thanks,
-Son

T

thsinar

I guess some interesting information concerning the Sinar arTec camera:

1. Availability

The arTec is confirmed to be available in October 2008, after the Photokina

2. Adaption

It is planed to have a Hasselblad V interface available as per 1st Q 2009

Best regards,
Thierry

T

thsinar

Update

The first serie of 25 Sinar arTec cameras are in production since last week. Shipment of the first units to our distributors should start after Photokina.

Best regards,
Thierry