The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Circular or Linear Polarizer with P45+ Back

timwier

I was hoping to get some feedback from P45+ owners about polarizer filters. Question: is it best to use a Linear or circular polarizer with a P45+ back using a CAMBO/Digitar or Rodie HR lens setup?

I have a 4x4 linear for my Lee filter system is much easier to work with, but want to make sure it will not negatively affect the image.

Thanks,

Tim

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
My understanding is that for autofocus and metering systems it is best to use a circular polarizer, for manual systems either a linear or circular. However, I do not have any experience using one with a P45+.

baxter

I've been using both linear and circular with my P45+ on a 645DF.

The linear is a 105mm B+W Kasemann which I use with my Lee filter set-up on a circular ring so that it can be used in conjunction with ND grads. Camera is in manual mode and metering seems fine.

Then I've got two circular B+W Kasemann from my old DSLR which I use directly on the lenses.

I think you will be fine with the Lee linear one.