The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Filter recommendation

GMB

What, if any, filter system can you recommend for a MFD camera (the S2 in my case). I am thinking about a polarizer, may be 2 or 3 ND (3 stop and 6 stop?) and may be 2 or 3 ND grad filters. For the pol and the ND I could get screw in but the filter threads of the 35 and 70 on the one hand, and the 120 and 180, on the other, differ (82 vs 72 mm) and who knows what filter threads other S2 lenses may have. So I was thinking about a Lee or Cokin system.

Georg

Jeffg53

I have been using a Lee system for years including the polariser on a number of camera systems. Lee are easy to deal with and will make custom things where possible. I have also had custom adapters made by other firms, such as a Hasselblad B60 adapter which fitted on the hood bayonet.

This is the setup I use on the Blad, Jeff did warn me about Vignetting with the 28mm and you do get a bit and also flaring but with the 35-90mm its good, So I guess if you wont shoot really wide something from Lee would be the way. Sounds like you would need the Lee Foundation kit with different adapter rings for the different thread sizes.

cheers
Will.