The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flexcolor H3DII-31 EXIF data

s.agar

The camera arrived. First thing was a quick walk to the nearby park, to take photos of things that I have been photographing for years with all sorts of new equipment.

First impression is great. I had never been able to capture the colors so well. The film like apparance was there, and results were much better and reliable compared to my film+9000ED scanner combination. I will see the results again today in prints. (I can print only 30cmX40cm at home. I wonder if there will be any improvements in prints of this size vs scanned files using 4.5X6 film)

I had to use Flexcolor because I only have PC's. I imported the files from the card reader, and converted the photos to JPG with minimum retouching (only WB). I used "maximum" JPG quality. The only thing I miss is the EXIF data.
I can't see the option to retain the EXIF data in this software. Can someone please let me know how to make it?

Seyhun

David K

Workshop Member
Can't help you with Flexcolor but curious why you're converting to max JPG instead of 16 bit tiff's. Seems to me with files from that back you'd be looking for the best quality and flexibility during your processing. I don't always convert to 16 bit but I rarely convert to jpg unless it's just a quickie image that I'm emailing to someone.

Steve Hendrix

The camera arrived. First thing was a quick walk to the nearby park, to take photos of things that I have been photographing for years with all sorts of new equipment.

First impression is great. I had never been able to capture the colors so well. The film like apparance was there, and results were much better and reliable compared to my film+9000ED scanner combination. I will see the results again today in prints. (I can print only 30cmX40cm at home. I wonder if there will be any improvements in prints of this size vs scanned files using 4.5X6 film)

I had to use Flexcolor because I only have PC's. I imported the files from the card reader, and converted the photos to JPG with minimum retouching (only WB). I used "maximum" JPG quality. The only thing I miss is the EXIF data.
I can't see the option to retain the EXIF data in this software. Can someone please let me know how to make it?

Seyhun
Seyhun:

The exif data can be located in Flexcolor by selecting "properties" in the thumbnail window. Or selecting "Alt-I". Also, by clicking the "modify" button, some metadata can be altered. And the default copywrite, etc fields can be adjusted in the 3F tab of the Flexcolor Preferences.

Steve Hendrix/PPR Dealer
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php

s.agar

Steve Thanks.

David, it was my first day with the camera. You know how it is for the first few hours.

Seyhun

David K

Workshop Member
Seyhun, my apologies for misunderstanding your post. I thought that was your regular workflow and found it surprising. I completely understand this in the context of getting a feel for new gear and it certainly took me a lot more than a few hours with mine. Hope you enjoy your new kit.