The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Wide Compact

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Did the other person with 1ds3 use a tripod?
In my experience it doesn't matter. They're still moving on quicker than you might be when setting up and using a tech camera. I figure that I need to hang out with the large format folks now since they have a similar sense of shooting speed. ;)

cng

Cambo Wid RS (65th) Anniversary Edition looks to be quite something
What has got me really curious is this: "A new vertical gear system has been designed on the rear of the camera to compensate for additional weight when using a digital camera back."

1. Is this new gear system a significant change, and 2. does this mean that there will be a redesigned Wide RS II?

Also, the spindles for operating the movements look chunkier than the current Wide RS.

Thanks to Leica and Hasselblad for encouraging limited edition cameras. Personally, I don't get it. Having said that, the wooden grips look great. The inlays not so much.

jlm

Workshop Member
for $25k it does come with the schneider 43 t/s (worth $4.5k), the schneider 28, (worth $7k), the gg back, dig back adapter, loupe, handles and case; probably $17k of extras, making the camera body around $8k, instead of 4