The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf 12 problems and poor service

jps

This is why I love you guys being here. I love having the support of the OEM's on this forum and the dealer network. I'm sure this will get resolved in short order.

Guy is so right!! The power of DPI is awesome!!!

Yair has just emailed me and is on the case - Im sure it will be resolved quickly so that I can stop bitching and post some pictures !! :):)

Cheers JOHN

djonesii

Workshop Member
John .... sorry to hear your story ....

It does however give me faith in a dealer network that I have decided to work with!

Dave

S

stewpid

Having met Yair, I can say you are most definitely in good hands! Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't got it sorted by the time I post this!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy is so right!! The power of DPI is awesome!!!

Yair has just emailed me and is on the case - Im sure it will be resolved quickly so that I can stop bitching and post some pictures !! :):)

Cheers JOHN
Australian Bikinis if i had a choice. :thumbs:

Getting myself in trouble here.:D

yaya

All in hand now, well...sort of:) We've missed John as he's already on his way to HK although we did offer to arrange a randez vuz there with a back but he hasn't got the camera with him to put it on...

I can honestly say that a typical turnaround is not more than 5 working days at the factory plus shipping time (usually overnight to the dealer) but this one was an unfortunate combination of inexperience and miscommunication (internal and external).

John knows me and I was surprised to find out about this on the forum and not from him, but anyway what's done is done. We'll make sure this does not happen again

Happy shooting!

Yair

gazwas

All in hand now, well...sort of:) but this one was an unfortunate combination of inexperience and miscommunication (internal and external).
I think you need to have a word with his dealer Yair as they should have pressed on with Johns issue rather than him having to post on here to get a solution. Pretty poor service!

There should be more Yairs in the dealer network!

yaya

Yair, FYI-he mentioned trying to reach you in the fourth comment in this thread.
He did contact me first on a Sunday morning to report the problem and the ball started rolling the next day but unfortunately there were some errors in the chain later on.

Jeffg53

I can totally understand your frustration. Who is the Leaf dealer in Australia? I have also heard negative stories about other medium format dealers in Oz - seems that Australian photographers are stuck with a bad bunch.
Sorry for arriving late, but I don't know where Graham got his info. My Hasselblad service experience over many years has been consistently good. They have gone the extra mile for me on a number of occasions. I also think that Phase are well supported, at least on the East coast, but only from hearsay.

Graham Mitchell

Sorry for arriving late, but I don't know where Graham got his info. My Hasselblad service experience over many years has been consistently good. They have gone the extra mile for me on a number of occasions. I also think that Phase are well supported, at least on the East coast, but only from hearsay.
I have heard bad things about Sun Studios/Baltronics, for example.

Jeffg53

I have bought lights from them in the past and found them to be good. As a long time Hasselblad user, I haven't had a lot of dealings with them. I just think that characterising dealers in Oz as a bad bunch is a bit of a stretch.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
There should be more Yairs in the dealer network!
:thumbs: my dealer has also been very helpful locally but Yair exemplifies what we'd like to think all manufacturer's representatives would be like. He's been very helpful and responsive for me in the past in tracking down parts and service for my Leaf/AFD II plus also following up with Phase One on their still broken 6.1.1 for Leaf tech shooters.

tjv

I have bought lights from them in the past and found them to be good. As a long time Hasselblad user, I haven't had a lot of dealings with them. I just think that characterising dealers in Oz as a bad bunch is a bit of a stretch.
Australian dealers may be okay but in NZ dealers are total no hopers. :OT::deadhorse:

Anders_HK

I am in Hong Kong and can only speak very highly and well of the support my Leaf agent is giving me here; pure excellence. Additionally Yair is a true gold mine in support and advice, not only on backs but camera systems to go with it. Gold excellence indeed.

Apart from indeed the very excellent back and files from it, above is reason I stay Leaf, and now consider upgrade: Leaf. :thumbs:

Heartfelt thanks guys, local indeed and Yair indeed!!! :salute:

Regards
Anders

PeterA

There are two Australian dealers now catering for all of Australia -one has a monopoly on Hasselblad. The other has a monopoly in Phase and (now) Leaf. Both used to be absolute ripp off merchants. Now the internet has somewhat tamed them.

I only wish I knew Yair a few years ago maybe I would still be hooting Leaf. No way would I ever buy a Hasselblad ( again) or Phase anything from the Australian dealer . <---- see the full stop?

I can only speak in glowing terms regarding the Sinar dealer in Australia - the best service I have ever received from a the most knowledgeable dealer I have ever spoken to. It helps that the person is also an outstanding photographer.

Companies should just give photographers who spend many tens of thousands of dollars on this stuff the option to deal directly with the company or a dealer of their choice.

My solution has been simple- find a good dealer in the USofA - for non Sinar stuff. if I am not allowed to spend my own hard earned dollars where I choose to spend it - then I have absolutely no interest in a company's product - really life is too short to be pushed around by by some stupid arrogant company anyway.

Get DPI has put me in touch with the best dealers one could wish to do business with. Companies who insist on using stupid 19th century marketing practices can go take a running jump off a high hill as far as I am concerned.

Pete

R

richard.L

Hi Richard

Yes i agree. I have until now taken the quiet approach - that is my normal way of doing things - but I came to realise it was getting me nowhere.!

JOHN
oops, John, what I had meant wasn't that you shouldn't have posted. That isn't what I mean by not involving the DPI board membership. In fact your posting is what has resulted in whatever action you've gotten. Nope, my action comment is based upon having thrived in a much more litigious world of commerce. ////

My actions would have been directed intensely and immediately at the dealer and manufacturer. In fact... here I will instead leave you and Leaf to settle for whatever restitution you consider would be appropriate. Either sushi or seppuku with/for them. Your choice :)

richard laughlin, hoping to see images instead of insolence. Time to turn over a new leaf.

Last edited:
R

Ronan

Amazing you need to resort posting on the internet in hope of finding someone that can help (thx DPI).

That alone would make me never buy from that Dealer/Company.

Paul Spinnler

I can only speak very highly of leaf. I got a response so fast I couldn't believe it. I literally went to dinner with friends and before going to bed had an email response. Everybody can do mistakes so I think it is fair to say that this was an atypical mistake and then go on.

R

Ronan

I can only speak very highly of leaf. I got a response so fast I couldn't believe it. I literally went to dinner with friends and before going to bed had an email response. Everybody can do mistakes so I think it is fair to say that this was an atypical mistake and then go on.
Or people can take it as a warning when dealing with whom-ever the OP dealt with.

When you have a dedicated team for CS, theirs no real reason for miss-ups like this (taken away natural disasters, and OOC issues).

In this case it seemed to be a AUS issue with the people there.

jps

There are two Australian dealers now catering for all of Australia -one has a monopoly on Hasselblad. The other has a monopoly in Phase and (now) Leaf. Both used to be absolute ripp off merchants. Now the internet has somewhat tamed them.

I only wish I knew Yair a few years ago maybe I would still be hooting Leaf. No way would I ever buy a Hasselblad ( again) or Phase anything from the Australian dealer . <---- see the full stop?

I can only speak in glowing terms regarding the Sinar dealer in Australia - the best service I have ever received from a the most knowledgeable dealer I have ever spoken to. It helps that the person is also an outstanding photographer.

Companies should just give photographers who spend many tens of thousands of dollars on this stuff the option to deal directly with the company or a dealer of their choice.

My solution has been simple- find a good dealer in the USofA - for non Sinar stuff. if I am not allowed to spend my own hard earned dollars where I choose to spend it - then I have absolutely no interest in a company's product - really life is too short to be pushed around by by some stupid arrogant company anyway.

Get DPI has put me in touch with the best dealers one could wish to do business with. Companies who insist on using stupid 19th century marketing practices can go take a running jump off a high hill as far as I am concerned.

Pete
Hi Peter

100% agree with you esp re David from Sinar - he really is the gold standard.

I STILL havent heard anything from the dealer or agent either by phone or email.

I find this utterly unbelievable. Thankfully Yair is on the case. Surely they can find better representatives in Australia.

JOHN