The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ series: when?

narikin

Ok, some idiot has to start it. let that idiot be me:

when will we see IQ series backs?

I'm hoping for late May. Ordered mine the day it was announced. is that ridiculously optimistic?

Steve Hendrix

I've heard shipping starts end of April.

I've heard May - but the exact date remains elusive (and probably will until right before the ship date).

How about this:

We'll have a contest. Let's assume May. Everyone guess a number for the date. Winner gets a free Capture Integration Pocket LCC.

My guess is:

19 (but don't be influenced by my guess, it's just a guess).

Steve Hendrix

Christopher

Before I guess, what exactly do we mean ? The first shipped back to a dealer ? The first customer receiving his back? Capture Integration receiving their first back ? ;-)

Terry

Yes, clarification needed. I heard PHASE is shipping the end of April.
I don't know how long it takes to get them to the US and through customs and then to dealers and finally from dealers out to customers.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Soon enough to want one. LOL

I'm in death valley and the prototype is on my body as we speak. Iq180 post shots later. Detail is just flat out scary. My eyes are not even remotely close to it when shooting. It's on the computer your eyes start to bleed

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Since I am leaving on May 2 for a three week European trip I ill bet that it will arrive just too late for me to use it until I get back.
-bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Now the question is, do you really want to be one of the first owners taking delivery of the version 1.0 of the IQ series that is still being developed? :p I know I'd prefer to be a little further down the delivery list myself and let other folks debug the first copies that hit the streets.

Btw, for us poor IQ140 folks I was warned to think more practically in terms of July or so. :(

Steve Hendrix

Now the question is, do you really want to be one of the first owners taking delivery of the version 1.0 of the IQ series that is still being developed? :p I know I'd prefer to be a little further down the delivery list myself and let other folks debug the first copies that hit the streets.

Btw, for us poor IQ140 folks I was warned to think more practically in terms of July or so. :(

Well, for any of those receiving the first initial units, they would have ordered quite some time ago. I'm sure there are plenty who won't mind talking their place in line if they have second thoughts and want to give their spot up. ;)

Steve Hendrix

Steve Hendrix

Before I guess, what exactly do we mean ? The first shipped back to a dealer ? The first customer receiving his back? Capture Integration receiving their first back ? ;-)

Well, we're not going to award a prize to someone who receives their first IQ180 from another dealer! :loco:

Generally, it takes 2-3 days from the time Phase One ships to us. We receive an invoice the day they ship, so we usually know 2-3 days in advance when we have something on the way.

Steve Hendrix

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well, for any of those receiving the first initial units, they would have ordered quite some time ago. I'm sure there are plenty who won't mind talking their place in line if they have second thoughts and want to give their spot up. ;)

Steve Hendrix
Oh believe me, I DO understand the desire to have the back the moment that it's finally shipping!! My point is that I'd rather have #100 from the release vs #1. It's nothing specifically against Phase One or their products but just the reality from being involved in high technology myself that the first shipping units are almost inevitably rapidly followed up by some fix or other in either hardware or software. Heck, the versions making the rounds weren't even feature complete yet so I don't think that I'm being over cynical here. :poke:

Btw, I suspect that anyone offering up their place in the 'queue' would get stampeded & crushed in the rush as you mention. :ROTFL:

My guess, May 31st. Last day of the quarter :)

Last edited:

Steve Hendrix

Oh believe me, I DO understand the desire to have the back the moment that it's finally shipping!! My point is that I'd rather have #100 from the release vs #1. It's nothing specifically against Phase One or their products but just the reality from being involved in high technology myself that the first shipping units are almost inevitably rapidly followed up by some fix or other in either hardware or software. Heck, the versions making the rounds weren't even feature complete yet so I don't think that I'm being over cynical here. :poke:

Btw, I suspect that anyone offering up their place in the 'queue' would get stampeded & crushed in the rush as you mention. :ROTFL:

My guess, May 31st. Last day of the quarter :)

Graham - you're not being cynical at all. Everyone knows about the bleeding edge. Early deliveries of the P65+ arrived without Sensor Plus (added later), though otherwise they seemed to work reliably from the get go.

Steve Hendrix

narikin

May 7th at CI.

sadly despite emailing a firm IQ180 order the morning of the announcement, doubt I'll be at the top of the list: my dealer didn't get back to me for 3 days to ask my existing backs serial # before he could process it. bleah.