The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D/60 Back on RZ?

fotografz

I still have an entire set of RZ lenses from fisheye to 210 APO including all the fun stuff like SBs and T/S adapter, soft focus 180, etc.

I'd love to slap my H4D/60 back on a RZ, and thought I had seen a dumb adapter to accomplish this ... typical use of sync cord lens to back and I'd use it mostly tethered anyway, so powereing the back isn't an issue.

Anyone know which adapter is needed and where I could get one?

I presume I would NOT need the RZD version of the camera, but if anyone knows of a RZD for sale let me know please. Might as well get that over the reg. RZ.

I'd love to have the new Mamiya RZ33 kit, but no way can I swing $18K.

Any help most appreciated,

-Marc

yaya

RZIID won't give you anything over your RZ unless you're using a Leaf/Mamiya/ Phase back in AFD mount with the Mamiya HX701 adapter (no sync cable)

We make an H adapter but the small latch at the top of the HxD back gets in the way so it won't fit unless you "modify" it...

ECO-Digital also make one but again that latch is in the way...

Good luck!

fotografz

Thanks Yair,

By "Modify it." do you mean modify the adapter, or the H60 back? (which is NOT going to happen : -)

I figured if I have to get a body, might as well be the D version since it opens the possibility of a later Aptus 10 or 12 back without cabling it.

-Marc

Professional

I will watch this thread because i have RZII non D, it will be nice if there is an adapter to use my H4D60 on my Hasselblad V series [501CM], i can't go and replace this H60 for Phase One, adapters if available will be way cheaper than a new DB P1.