The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca-Swiss Slidefix Quickset Device

rhsu

I am looking at getting this new (?) device but needing to know whether it actually comes in two versions: a) 1/4" threaded; and b) separate mounting screw into female ballhead thread mount? Or whether the device also comes with a 3/8" threaded base. The latter would be preferred saving having to rip out the 3/8" from my leveller and replacing it with a 1/4" so to fit the Slidefix Quickset device. Many thanks...

rhsu

That has always been the needle (ie information) in the hay stack. I search deep and wide and thought I better ask "just in case" I missed something because Arca QR adapters generally come in both 1/4" and 3/8" threaded and also non threaded base adapter. I also know that said AC QR device is meant for their own ball head 1/4". The leveller I have (Nodal Ninja) 3/8" male screw is a permanent feature so the only way to attach the said Arca-Swiss SlideFix device is via Manfrotto converter plate ie 3/8" female to 1/4" male. Funny how in an attempt to reduce weight as much a possible, I ended adding weight. IMHO, it would be nice if all adapters come in 3/8" female so at least one can get a reduce to 1/4" if needed. But perhaps the stress in the reducer ring may not be as strong as the straight 1/4" thread.

Terry

Send a PM to RodK. He is the US Arca representative and a forum member and should be able to help you.