The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H4D 40 vs H4D 31

what is the difference between the 2 models (H4D 40 vs H4D 31) other than the number of pixels ?
a different sensor ?
IQ ?

thank you

Dustbak

The 40 has a newer Kodak sensor. It has longer exposure possibility (256sec's). Its higher ISO is better than the 31. I have also been told it renders nicer than the 31, much like the 50 but on a smaller sensor.

Dustbak

It is exactly like the H3DII31 but with true focus. TF is not to be underestimated however. It actually makes it really easy to use lenses much wider open and place the focus exactly where you want in the frame.

Nick-T

I've been shooting with the h4d40 this week alongside my H3D31. I get at least a stop more out of the 40, better colours and a nicer file. The true focus is as Dustbak said not something to overlook. I shot 600 frames of Rugby players earlier this week and the focus hit rate was astounding.

Nick-T