The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter to use Mamiya Digital Back on Contax 645?

Henry Goh

With all the new optics from Phaseone-Schneider and a sync speed of 1/1600s I personally don't see any reason to not to abandon Contax if one can afford the switch.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
There is the older Mamiya M645 80/1.9 out there if you could find one. I have seen images from it and it was very nice. Also there is a lot of good feedback regarding it. They can be tough to find because those who have them are reluctant to part with them.

Lance

haring

There is the older Mamiya M645 80/1.9 out there if you could find one. I have seen images from it and it was very nice. Also there is a lot of good feedback regarding it. They can be tough to find because those who have them are reluctant to part with them.

Lance
I know the 80 mm 1.9 great lens but it is not an AF lens and the Zeiss lens is a little bit better. The AF makes a huge difference!

yaya

Even if there was such an adapter it would make the AF useless as the sensor will be pushed back a few mm...actually the viewfinder will also be useless...unless you could adjust the mirror/ focusing screen...