The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase 60mpx MF back

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well rumor has hit the streets so i am not the first one out of the gate. But there is speculation there is a 60 mpx back coming from Phase. I think this was a easy call since Kodak and Hassy announced a 50mpx back and Phase is known for all there backs to use Kodak. We will have to wait for announcements and if this truly will be part of the Phase package but so far Phase has been very quiet on what is coming at Photokinia. I would not expect any early announcements though.

Also just a note Jack and I are receiving the new Phase body today and tomorrow mine was shipped 2nd day but Jack will get his today.:wtf:
These are full production models and actually our new bodies with the purchase of our backs which also come with the new 80mm D lens. Expect full exclusive reports here on GetDPI from both of us. Next week mine will be going full throttle shooting a Model and Talent convention again, so a great test for the camera and me. LOL

For those also waiting for there Phase bodies they are coming very shortly. BTW this is on time and as promised from Phase. Yes that is a plug for Capture Integration and Phase One. They have done a excellent job so far getting our products and all customer services needs so far. For someone that has Zero patience for waiting I am very pleased. Credit where credit is due.

Camera info http://www.phaseone.com/camera/
Phase One Partner of the Year: http://www.captureintegration.com/

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We actually just got an announcement that us Phase One dealers will have a special Webinar tomorrow to go over some special announcements about the P65+ and the new T/S lenses!.

As soon as we get more information we will post it here and on our website!

Exciting!

Lance Schad
Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5701 office
Capture Integration
[email protected]

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
AWESOME news on the TS lenses Lance!

Any news on the leaf-shutter glass? Also just to be clear, is this new 60MP sensor a rumor or is it fact?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but is it an official announcement of a soon to be delivered product or a vaporware product "under development"?

LJL

Yes, but is it an official announcement of a soon to be delivered product or a vaporware product "under development"?
That is the question. And is this 60MP sensor rumor yet another new sensor from Kodak, or is this the same 50MP sensor that Hasselblad announced? If bigger, is this possibly the "645" sensor that Hasselblad said they would discuss in more detail at Photokina?

Hard keeping track of some of this stuff at this point :confused:

LJ

Guy Mancuso

That's okay though LJ the key here is the MF world is alive and well, and from all these announcements from the key players that means more folks jumping in. That is a huge plus for us owners because more products will come our way and give us options and that is good for Hassy, Sinar, Leaf and Phase. Like to see them all healthy with there businesses and ours

LJL

Agreed, Guy, but we may have to create/update our kit builder comparison tool ;-) The new T/S lenses from Mamiya (Phase) and the new HTS device from Hassy are examples of things folks may want to start dropping into their decision mix.

You are right, this is good news for anybody/everybody over or heading over the MF cliff.

LJ

Guy Mancuso

I know that would be out of my league for awhile but nice to know they are out there just haunting us. Wait is this a good thing or a bad thing. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

mtomalty

That is the question. And is this 60MP sensor rumor yet another new sensor from Kodak, or is this the same 50MP sensor that Hasselblad announced?
LJ
I believe you will see,in tomorrows official announcement to its dealer
network, that the sensor in the unofficial P65 will not be a Kodak
product.

Mark

Guy Mancuso

I believe you will see,in tomorrows official announcement to its dealer
network, that the sensor in the unofficial P65 will not be a Kodak
product.

Mark
This is interesting maybe we should do a poll on this . Kodak or Dalsa