The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Waiting on the FedEx truck...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hell waiting for fed x anyway.LOL

Ian really here for my daughters sake. Her blackberry is shot. See if I can replace it somehow with new contract

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
man these folks at at are nice. About 30 in lnline giving out chairs water coffee tea and donuts . Have to stay now

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, is that the camera with multiple AF points? If so tell us about that feature. How spread out are the points? Are they all cross sensor types? Inquiring minds need to know ;)
Hi Marc:

Yes there are three AF points, you can select any single one or all. They are not very spread out across the sensor; they reside at each edge and center of the central AF patch. I do not know if all three are cross type or just the center, but AF is a lot better. To put the new AF in perspective, this thing AF's almost as well in low light as the last generation Canon 1's and better than my 5D did, and is as fast as my 5D was with non-USM focus Canon lenses -- this is a serious improvement over the AFD2...

The AF button thing is killing me though! I just cannot shoot in my "normal" fashion with the current configuration options :angry:

Cheers,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
As you know I focus the same way you do and the way you describe the new camera seems to me an obvious glitch but one that should be easily remedied. It just seems like everybody's in a rush to get their stuff shipped without taking that last bit of time to get it just right. Glad to hear the AF and shutter lag are better and faster... those are biggies.
Let's HOPE it's easily remedied and SOON! I am having serious trouble adjusting...

:(,

D

dlew308

You'll be using your new iphone? :ROTFL:

WAHOOO ! UPS just delivered my converted 203FE for CFV-II use. Just in the nick of time ... have a portrait session tomorrow AM ... guess what I'll be using ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned there was a lot of smoke. Northern CA has several fires burning, the closest of which is over 150 miles away from me. Here is what the normally crystal clear view from my cabin deck looks like now -- a few of you have seen that view, so will know how scuzzy this really is. What's weird is the smoke has traveled so far it does not smell like smoke any more...

This shot is straight out of the camera, converted in C1 with straight daylight WB and no added adjustments. Phase body in Av mode, new 80mm lens at f8, no exposure comp. (The new metering handles difficult light extremely well!)

woodyspedden

WAHOOO ! UPS just delivered my converted 203FE for CFV-II use. Just in the nick of time ... have a portrait session tomorrow AM ... guess what I'll be using ;)
Marc

Seems like you just sent the 203FE in for the configuration change. How long exactly did it take as I am going to have mine done as well.

Woody

D

dlew308

Guy is awfully quiet, must be going crazy taking pix with his new iphone ;)

LJL

Guy is awfully quiet, must be going crazy taking pix with his new iphone ;)
I suspect his new iPhone got bricked and he is now without that connectivity. :(:wtf:

Hope it is not that bad, but several hours into this process, and things are still not working, so I suspect if he was even able to get a new phone, it is not being able to be activated for use yet.

LJ

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
He got one and is in the process of getting it activated. The issue is the Apple.ME is not operational yet and while they migrate some parts of .MAC are offline too...

harmsr

Workshop Member
I use mine a little differently. I want the shutter on the back dial and aperture on the front dial.
Guy,

You only need to change this in Manual mode. In Aperture or Shutter priority, both the front wheel and back wheel do the identical things. I have my AFDII loaner set up with the change, so that the front wheel is aperture and back is shutter also. I'm just so used to that from Nikon and the Hassy. On the new AFDIII, it looks like you change Custom Function 11 to Option 1.

Best,

Ray

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW the button swap and dial swap CF's are still there and work just like on the AFD2, so no worries there.