The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase/Mamiya 35mm f/3.5 Digital lens feedback?

2jbourret

Has any one spent enough time using the new Phase/Mamiya 35mm to give feedback or impressions of the lens?

Edge/corner sharpness of the older versions was always a minus, and CA was strong in the old MF versions.
Is this version substantially better, or is ti just a re-packaging of the old optical design?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Its certainly better than the 3 previous versions I had of this lens. Even with a FF sensor i get very nice corners. I'm very pleased with it and in corner tests looked really good at F8

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
On the other hand, there are a few of the previous version that perform as well or better than some samples of the new version, so check out what you receive carefully.
-bob

p.s.
I am holding on to my previous version 35mm :cool: