The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf AFi7 Help

frontosa

Workshop Member
This is my first post here on the medium format forum.

I am playing around with a Leaf AFi7. While perusing the menu under "camera", then "image", there are several image settings that one can select from.

My question pertains to: Develop Curve and Sharpness. There are quite a few choices under either settings yet, I do not see discussion about on this in the manual. I also did a search on the internet and have come up with nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry

yaya

This is my first post here on the medium format forum.

I am playing around with a Leaf AFi7. While perusing the menu under "camera", then "image", there are several image settings that one can select from.

My question pertains to: Develop Curve and Sharpness. There are quite a few choices under either settings yet, I do not see discussion about on this in the manual. I also did a search on the internet and have come up with nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

These Image settings on the back are basically tags that can be read by Leaf Capture;
If you choose e.g. "Portrait Open" as a curve and "Group" as for Sharpness, when you open the files in Leaf Capture these are the settings that they will use as defaults.
The philosophy behind this is that 1 minute spent in the field can save a lot of time in post. Of course there are no strict rules here and since the files are RAW you can change any of these parameters as you like

You can read more about the various Image settings in the attached User Guide

If you are a Capture One user you should know that Capture One can only read the develop Curve and the ICC Profile (Color Look) tags, in addition to WB which is obvious

Hope this helps

Yair