The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ180 Shipping Features List

lance_schad

Workshop Member
We just received word that our first IQ180 demo unit is on its way from Denmark to us.

Along with that good news we were informed of what features are included in this unit. Also in addition to what we were anticipating, there have been a few pleasant surprises!

See (new features) below.

This is a good sign that they have shipped a limited number of demo units out on schedule. They said by the end of April!

Please keep an eye out for our first impressions. We are excited to test out all of these features.

Lance (email me)

FUNCTIONALITY ON SHIPPING IQ UNITS -
• Super high quality ISO 35 setting in full resolution (new feature)
• Super high quality ISO 140 setting in Sensor+ mode (new feature)
• Higher dynamic range
• Longer exposure times: Up to 2 minutes at room temperature (new feature)
• Better high ISO image quality: Up to ISO 3200
•Display better outdoors in direct sunlight
• Display brightness control
• Display backlight auto
• Correct WB values
• Power management (much cooler back)
• Longer battery life (app. 3 hours standby)
• Battery charging (currently only Firewire)
• Support for technical cameras with Shoot mode and Instant
• Ultra fast Card Format
• Check disk functionality
• Automatic Image Orientation
• Date & Time setting with rolling menus
• Restore to default factory settings
• Restore to factory firmware
• Lock user interface
• New user interface
• Context menu for various views (new feature)
• Unique user configurable Active Toolbar in Play Overview mode (new feature)
• Tools can be configured by long pressing on tool or icon
• Configure Toolbar view by touching small up/down arrows in each tool options menu
• Single tap on tool or icon turns tool function on/off
• View VGA size Preview, Histogram, EXIF, Highlight Warning, and Focus Mask at the same time in Play Overview mode
• Swipe Toolbar up to see Preview, Alignment tool, Large EXIF… All at the same time!
• Instant Focus Mask! Optimized for shooting with shallow depth of field shown in Overview
• Configure sharpness level, color, and flashing indicators
• Highlight Warning shown in Overview and Full Screen View
• Configure highlight level, and flashing indicators
• Alignment tool for horizontal and vertical alignment active in Overview mode
• Can be enlarged to full screen
• Enable/disable audio feedbackEnable/disable audio feedback
• Show as Virtual Horizon or Degree Values
• Works with Auto Alignment function in Capture One
• Auto Keystone Correction (pat. pend.)(new feature)
• Auto Horizon Correction (pat. pend.)
• Large Metadata View Box : Image name, Date, Time,File format ,White balance ,Star rating ,Focal length,….
• Grid: Enabled in Overview and Full Screen Context menus
• Single tap on Grid button turns grid on/off
• Keep Grid button pressed to configure Grid
• Grid modes: Golden Ratio, 3x3, Square 4x3, Center Cross, Rectangular, Fibonacci Spiral
• Amount of grid lines can be adjusted with sliders when using Rectangular mode
• Grid color and line style can be configured as well
• Delete and Rating: Enabled in Overview and Full Screen Context menus
• Single tap on Delete/Rating button to enable functionality and view rating
• Keep Delete/Rating button pressed to configure, if you want to have an extra confirmation before deleting an image
• In Thumbnail View, Delete functionality can be enabled through the context menu
• Possible to select multiple images and delete them all in one go (new feature)
• Select All and Deselect All buttons (new feature)
• Very efficient image management and overview
• Separate Rating view in Thumbnail view
• Switching between different views:Thumbnail, Overview, Full Screen, and Home
• SwitchviewinContextmenus
• Use Zoomslider to switch view
• Use left button to switch view
• Browse to another image with a fixed position and zoom level, i.e. 100% to verify focus. Use right buttons.
• Shoot consecutive images and keep a fixed zoom level and position for easy image comparisons at pixel level
• Turn Auto Preview Off and whatever selected View is persisted from shot to shot.
• Tethered Live View
• Remote capture
• Synchronization of settings between CO and DB

New Functionality Available in June via Firmware Upgrade:

• Live View on digital back display
• Composition Mode in digital back (new feature)
• 645DFCustom Settings control from DB
• DB Power Up from 645DF
• Full camera control from Capture One
• 1:1 aspect ratio for 60 Mpix square image
• Faster CompactFlash speed
• Faster boot time
• Customizable User Interface
• Use of proximity sensors

Best Regards,

Lance

Last edited:

PeterL

Thanks for posting this Lance.

Wonder what this means?:

Cheers, -Peter

lance_schad

Workshop Member
It means that you can use the traditional two-shot mode that saves battery life, as you used to have to use with the PhaseOne models with the Kodak chips, or the single shot method (now referred to as Instant) that the Dalsa based PhaseOne models use (IQ series, P40+/P65+)

Lance

Thanks for posting this Lance.

Wonder what this means?:

Cheers, -Peter

PeterL

It means that you can use the traditional two-shot mode that saves battery life, as you used to have to use with the PhaseOne models with the Kodak chips, or the single shot method (now referred to as Instant) that the Dalsa based PhaseOne models use (IQ series, P40+/P65+)

Lance
Thanks for that clarification, so nothing new here really.

Cheers, -Peter

gogopix

Subscriber
Very impressive.
!

Now, the Focus Mask in Live mode for the digital back (coming June FW) is not explicitly mentioned. This is a critical function to be able to use the back on a technical camera.
So, is it coming, or no?

Victor

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Victor:
In shipping version:
"• Instant Focus Mask! Optimized for shooting with shallow depth of field shown in Overview"
Will look into see if feature is going to be in Live View...

Dan:
Will let you know what our kit comes with as far as cables go. Yes the demo unit is a shipping unit, not Prototype.

Lance

gazwas

So will any of these FW upgrade features be released on the P40+/65+?

The super high quality settings, longer exposures and better high iso quality sound interesting. I don't see why they can't be activated on the P+ backs as long as the marketing and sales department don't decide to cripple the older backs to force new sales. :(

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree nice to get some of these firmware updates in our existing backs like the P40 and P65.

Victor I think focus mask is implemented now just Live view come June. Will see when it hits the streets but that was what I was told.

cly

The super high quality settings, longer exposures and better high iso quality sound interesting. I don't see why they can't be activated on the P+ backs as long as the marketing and sales department don't decide to cripple the older backs to force new sales. :(
As far as I know, while it's the same sensor the signal processing etc is done on newly designed hardware, thus making more of the same 'old' sensor. If my understanding is correct, it's physics, not marketing, what is 'crippling' the P+ backs.

Chris

gazwas

If my understanding is correct, it's physics, not marketing, what is 'crippling' the P+ backs.
Yes I know that type of physics all too well being an Apple user. :rolleyes:

The rubbish your told to force an upgrade because the old stuff won't work with the new software when if fact the old stuff works just fine if allowed kind of physics.

Audii-Dudii

Four-minute exposures is minimum...for full moon lit pictures. P1, go back to the lab!
:)
If it can satisfactorily do two minutes at ISO 35, that's the same exposure as four minutes at ISO 70, which is only ~2/3 of a stop higher than ISO 50, so I would say they are fairly close. In fact, for 95+% of my photography, that's probably long enough ... alas, es muy caro y no tengo dinero. :(

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

My local dealer in Asia told me 1st week of May for availability. (hopefully)

When is it available in USA?
I didn't commit to upgrade until the very end of March here in Canada and I've been told May or very early June for delivery.

In the meantime I'll just have to slum it with the P65+!

Bill

jlm

Workshop Member
in the quest for long exposure, audi seems to have misled himself ;
or did one of us eat the wrong mushrooms?

Audii-Dudii

in the quest for long exposure, audi seems to have misled himself ;
or did one of us eat the wrong mushrooms?
Hah! I did get that backwards, didn't I? That's what a long night spent doing law will get you ... hope I didn't similarly screw up anything as badly (or as obviously) there as I did here! :eek: