P45 or A75
I believe when IQ's will hit the market, some P45/P45+/A75/A75s's will become available as used, and I would like to get one.
I am having a hard time deciding between these 4 models.
This is what I think I know:
- P45+/A75s have faster shooting rate than P45/A75.
- P45+/A75 have lower noise than P45/A75s.
- Dalsa (Aptus) has a better color palette
- P45/+ have better long exposure capability
- Bad support for Microsoft and Adobe software by Leaf.
- Bad LCD in P45/+
- P45/+ is more resistant to trauma
- P45/+ can work tethered with a battery
I would welcome any corrections to my points.
If anyone has real world experiences with more than one of these backs and can contribute any opinion based on usage, it will be much appreciated.
Re: P45 or A75
Just one coment regarding Microsoft and Adobe:
Originally Posted by shlomi
With Leaf backs you can use Capture One and Adobe in Windows and Aptus 75/ 75S have been on Adobe's supported camera list for a LONG time...in fact the Leaf Valeo 6 was the first ever digital back to be supported by Adobe some 10 years ago:-)
Re: P45 or A75
My problems with Leaf support for Windows and Adobe:
- Aptus 22 files do not open in Photoshop anymore - they did open with the previous firmwares, but with very bad colors
- Previous firmwares did not work in 64 bit windows tethering (for all Leaf not just 22)
- Leaf Capture or any other Leaf software still do not work on Windows 64 bit
I would be surprised if current firmware Aptus 75 files open in Photoshop without converting using LC.
- I can't send mos files to any customer without first converting them in LC
- I can't convert them on a normal 64 bit machine but must keep a 32 bit machine just for this
Leaf Capture code for converting would clearly work in 64 bit, the only reason the installation is blocked is the tethering drivers which were not supported in 64 bit.
The insistence of Leaf to not support Windows 64 bit is strange, as clearly 32 bit OS can't handle these files very well.
On the one hand Leaf is saying LC for Windows will not be developed anymore as C1 is the current solution, and on the other hand it is not possible to make Adobe readable mos files without LC.
LC for Mac is getting new versions, but for Windows no new versions for more than a year.
What is that if not the definition of poor Windows support.
P1 refuses to acknowledge any of these problems as bugs, and calls them features, which is not very encouraging.
Last edited by shlomi; 28th April 2011 at 11:43.
Tags for this Thread